𝐢𝐢. oh camp half blood

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨, oh camp half blood❝ yeah, that's right, I'm your knight in shining armour! ❞

❝ yeah, that's right, I'm your knight in shining armour!

ミ★

࿐ྂ 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡
𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐩 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝, 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐍𝐘

Claire Knightley was feeling guilty.

She felt a sinking feeling in her stomach as she thought of all the misfortunes she put her daughter throughout her entire life. And that was the first reason that the mother of one decided to call in sick in order to look into permanently buying the Manhattan home.

The woman knew it went against the life she built for her and her daughter but the constant dreams and strange sensations never led her wrong. They had always come to pass whether it had been months later or simply hours after her foretelling. So when she had witnessed her daughter being revealed to the world she had always tried to hide from her, Claire came to the conclusion she would make the most of the time they had as a normal family.

Claire wished that she had the power to change her visions. She wished she had the power to stop them, yet like a river, they always managed to run their course.

That was the worst part of her heritage, in her eyes.

She never could embrace the ability the way her mother had whole-heartedly. Giselle Knightley was a legacy in her eyes and Claire couldn't be more different from the woman ever since the day she was born. Their differences had always been present, but they only grew when Giselle had sat her stubborn daughter down to tell her of their inherited clear sight from a lineage of prophetic women.

In that sense, Giselle Knightley was always stronger than Claire. She worked with her gift, accepted that the strands of blood flowing within her were prickled with prophecy and fate. And that was the thing Claire couldn't do. She could never accept herself and instead could only cope with the ability.

Perhaps that was why she had chosen to shield Eleanor from their tiresome life, no matter how many times Giselle fought against it. Though, Claire never faltered in her choice and only allowed her mother to spark a strong, but mundane bond with the youngest Knightley kin, her 'little star'. Even after Giselle's passing, that left her with a confused four-year-old, Claire couldn't find it in herself– couldn't find the strength within her to turn back on the choice her mother frowned upon.

Her memory continued to sting Claire and a sigh rippled her chest. The steaming mug of tea warmed her hands but not her heart. Unlike others who typically yearned the adrenaline high off of caffeine Eleanor and herself never let the drink inside their house. Instead, they would stock their shelves with different flavours of tea, although the house would change the tradition never wavered.