𝐱𝐢𝐯. percy jackson the professional boat stealer

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧, percy jackson the professional boat stealer❝you see, I never wanted to become a thief

❝you see, I never wanted to become a thief. . . don't laugh at me, jackson!

ミ★

Percy didn't know why he thought making an escape from Portland would be easy, especially when he was a demigod and demigods never had it easy. Did no one ever think to throw them a bone? Gods knew they needed it.

Back at the falls it hadn't taken them long to find their way back to a hiking trail and make a run for it to the parking lot where Gerald (they soon came to learn the drivers name was) had been waiting for them. Everything had been calm once they were in the car and driving back to central Portland, but it seemed that they couldn't get one second of peace because as they drove closer a slithering drakon intercepted their car.

It was a surprise to all of them when a scaly green serpent slithered in front of the car, its beady yellow eyes glaring like flashlights. Percy hadn't even gotten a moment to curse at their luck before they were shuffling out of the car. They knew they couldn't out drive the drakon, not when its thick body could catch up in one lurch.

Of course, they made sure to send Gerald on his way, while advising him to drive like the wind and just get the Hades away from them unless he wanted to see Hades anytime soon.

That was the last they ever saw of Gerald.

And that brought Percy to his current situation, lost and alone. He may as well have been trapped in a maze because Tomahawk Bay Marina was just as confusing as one.

He also didn't know who came up with the bright idea to split up (or maybe that was him in the heat of the moment) but, he knew it wasn't working to their favour. Riptide was clasped tightly in his head as he crept along the dock line wondering who he would find first, his friends or the drakon. . . or who would find him first.

Percy was becoming incredibly frustrated with the amount of dock lines in the marina and the way that all of them seemed to be full because it only made his job of finding Grover, Annabeth and Eleanor ten times harder. As he made it to the end of the line he suddenly noticed a sea lion leisurely lounging in the sun, its tail flapping in the water. He paused and checked behind him before approaching the animal.

Percy knew he could talk to fish and horses pretty well, so surely this would be the same, after all it was a sea lion. How much more obvious could the answer be?

"Hey there," he called out in a whisper.

The sea lion cocked its head at the black-haired boy, turning on its stomach and allowing its grey blubbery skin to glisten in the sunlight. Cautiously, Percy watched as it began to approach him, flippers moving in a side to side motion and nose sniffing him as if he was the animal instead. Finally, after sizing the son of Poseidon up did it make a sound.