𓆉 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈 𝚃𝚆𝙾

That night, he was leaning against the wall, holding his phone next to his left ear. His face was illuminated by a little light coming from the full moon, his eyes were twinkling and staring at the ocean from afar.

"Dad, were you busy earlier? You didn't answer my call." Jake started the conversation.

"Jaeyun, yes I just had an important business. And the reason why I want to call you is I want to tell you something."

Jake bit his lower lip, quite nervous "What do you want to say, Dad?"

"You know Jaeyun." Mr. Sim took a deep breath "I know you're a very kind son but sometimes you can't help but keep a secret from us." 

His eyes blinked "What do you mean? Dad, I'm not keeping any secrets from you I swear⎯"

"Jaeyun, maybe you forgot that Kei is with you on that island? He just reported earlier that the daughter of that bastard has been living there for a long time! Isn't that a big secret?" 

He just sighed deeply, he looked around and cautiously sat on the couch with a worried look "Dad! Listen to me, his daughter asked me for a favor⎯"

"Whatever that favor is, you have to give her back to her family."

"Dad, it's not like I kidnapped her."Jake sarcastically said, to his extreme frustration. "What I mean is she came here by accident, I misinterpreted what you just said."

"Just do the right thing. You yourself will tell Min Jeon Ji that his daughter is there on our island. It's not that hard to do, isn't it? "

He was taken aback for a moment with what he heard "Dad! Of course, it's hard for me to do so. I made a promise to her and I had to keep it." He rubbed his forehead and sighed "Why don't you just talk to them?"

"Have you forgotten we've been enemies since I entered politics? Do you think he'll talk to someone who he surely hates? Of course not."

"Do you think he'll talk to your son?" Jake paused for a moment "I don't think I can do it, Dad. Min Jeon Ji is not safe and I'm worried for her⎯

"She's his only daughter. Even though he's a very dangerous person, he can't hurt her. Believe me. You need to do the right thing, Jaeyun."

He was silent for a few seconds to think and decide. Afterwards, he seems to have made a decision. He let out a sigh and hung his head low.

"Dad, how can I reach them out? Please help me with everything, I can't do this alone."

"Don't worry son, we will help you. You will call them this time and let them know the good news." 

°°°

The next day, a good day for the two of them. Just like they agreed to go boating and paddling.

"Slowly." Jake murmured as he helped her get into the canoe that they owned. They wear life jackets for safety.

They sat face to face in the canoe, paddles attached to it.

She was smiling as looked around then put her gaze back at him "I'm wearing this white maxi dress that you ordered for me, does it suit me better than the floral dress?"

He took a quick look at her dress and nodded "You're like an angel with that. Whatever you wear suits you, to be honest." He laughed silently then touched both paddles next to him.

"Angel?" She giggled "Do you remember the first day we met? I thought I was dead and you were my guardian angel. I was stupid back then but still stupid until now."

Jake rolled his eyes playfully "Don't say that, you're not really stupid." He pulled something from his pocket, revealing his phone. He shoved it close to her face, "Phone."