133-135

Chapter 133 - "WanWan, do you trust me?" (1)

Mu ZhenYu looked at Xu WanZhi with his head lowered, his eyes a bit dimmed. She couldn't quite read his profound eyes. "What are you thinking about being so focused?"

Xu WanZhi pursed her lips and shook her head. "Oh, nothing." She looked at what was left in her plate and put down her utensils. "I am done eating. Are you going over there to join them?"

Mu ZhenYu raised his chin at her. "Take another sip of the juice then come and join us?"

Xu WanZhi nodded and docilely picked up the juice and took a few big gulps.

Mu ZhenYu looked at her steadily. After a little while, he asked her, "Can you hear what they were talking about?"

Xu WanZhi's hand that was holding up the glass paused in midair.

She glanced over at the table where Feng Chun was sitting – with that distance and in a noisy environment, no human would be able to hear that. She shook her head, "No."

"Is that so?" Mu ZhenYu did not pursue the subject but raised his brows and reached out his hand to her. "Let's go say hi to them."

"Mmm..." Xu WanZhi has a little bit of a guilty conscience. She handed over her little hand and placed the tip of her fingers in his palm.

Mu ZhenYu was tall and handsome. He had attracted quite a bit of attention on their way over to the round table. Walking over to Feng Chun, he shook hand with him and said, "Boss Feng, it has been a while. Let me introduce the two of you. This Xu WanZhi, my fiancée."

Feng Chun was your typical second generation from a prominent family. He exuded a natural sense of unruly narcissism. His lips curved and he teased. "Ah, the famous Miss Xu. You are prettier in person than you look on television."

Xu WanZhi responded with a soft "Mr. Feng."

This was the first time that she was looking Feng Chun at such close distance. Her impression of him remained as the person who stood behind the Qin's and Mu XiYuan. She has not yet wrapped her head around the fact that he was actually on Mu ZhenYu's side. As such, there was a look of alert on her when she greeted him.

That obviously did not bother Feng Chun at all. He looked back over at Qin Sheng and said, "Look. Speaking of the devil. All we are missing is Bai FeiChen and everyone will be here."

Mu ZhenYu finally looked over at Qin Sheng and said, "I see the famous Boss Qin is here as well."

Qin Sheng's face darkened and he looked away.

Unlike Qin Sheng, Mu XiYuan wasn't intimidated. Look up, his voice was even-toned. "Big brother, son-in-law, what a coincident."

"It's a small world, isn't it?" Mu ZhenYu sat down with Xu WanZhi before placing his right arm over the back of her chair and pulling her close to him. His long, left leg stepped onto Mu XiYuan's chair, blocking his way. "So what were you guys talking about? Do carry on."

Feng Chun smiled and said, "We just got to that part of a dormant shareholder."

Mu ZhenYu nodded slightly with his brows raised. There was a hint of wildness in his eyes. "This was the first meeting between Boss Qin and this little shareholder. Feng Chun had shown me all the reports on the Qin's. It'd appear that it had been going downhill as of late. I wonder what the other shareholders feel about this."

Qin Sheng sneered and gave him a sideward glance. "Mu ZhenYu, that was unnecessary. How much have you invested, huh? I will just pay you back. What's the point of this talk?"

"Pay me back? I'm afraid that would bankdrupt the Qin's." A happy smile appeared on Mu ZhenYu. "That being said... The Qin's had lost Project Falcon and are currently under investigation. If fault was assessed, the penalty will bankrupt you already, right? There is only so much money but you have debtors all over. How do you propose to pay me back?"