139-141

Chapter 139 - Renewal of Contract ("You can't be in a relationship, but can you be married?") (1)

It was not often that Mu XiYuan saw his father being so angry and he wasn't sure what to do all of a sudden. He finally let go of Mu ZhenYu's collar, walked over to Wang LiZhen, bent down and asked, "Mom, what is going on?"

Wang LiZhen, being pressed down on the floor with her hair all over the place and half of her makeup gone from her crying, shouted at him frantically. "What do you mean what is going on? The Mu's are trying to kill your mother here and all you are going to do is to stand there and watch? What kind of a bastard child have I raised here?"

Mu XiYuan's face darkened. He straightened up his body and remained silent.

The tension was taut between the father-and-sons trio. Old Mrs. Mu and Mu Ling stood to one side, not being able to be a part of the conversation. Xu WanZhi reached out and straightened out Mu ZhenYu's collar for him before she stepped aside and just be a bystander in all this. Mu XiYuan was obviously gauging right now. He needed to figure out whether his status in the Mu's and in Old Mrs. Mu and Mu XueLin's mind would be affected if he continued to side with Wang LiZhen.

Mu XueLin and Wang LiZhen had always been an affectionate couple. Now that Mu XueLin had found out the truth of what had happened back then, his attitude had a 180-degree change. But, even so, the way he looked at Mu ZhenYu was still alerted without a hint of regret or sympathy to what had happened to him.

Had Wang LiZhen clued him in what she had done to Mu ZhenYu and his mother and the two worked together on scheming money from Grandpa Mu, this day might never have happened.

Money was probably the only thing that Mu XueLin really cared about.

"Wang LiZhen, you never needed to worry about clothes or food all these years and have always been the most envied in the rich lady circle. I have also given you quite a bit of money other than what you have spent. I have always been under the impression that women are to be pampered and had never been petty with you." Mu XueLin pulled out a chair and sat down in front of her. Looking at her from high up, he said, "I never would have imagined that you could be so greedy as to want to take all the money from the Mu's."

"So?" Wang LiZhen pursed her lips with difficulty. "Yes, I married you with the Mu's wealth in mind. But over the last 20 years, I have given you a son and raised him, supported the entire family, and slowly given up on all my dirty acts. Every penny of the Mu's wealthy is still under your control. Am I wrong? Can you really not tell whether I have real feelings for you?"

"Oh, stop pulling the emotion card already," said Mu XueLin coldly. "The only thing I could tell is that all of your true feelings are toward money."

Wang LiZhen's mouth cracked open all of a sudden and she cackled. "HAHAHA! And exactly what are you going to do even if you are right? Are you going to wave the dirty laundry so that everybody will hear about this? Or you are going to join your sons and take care of me right here right now?"

Mu ZhenYu suddenly increased the force on his foot and pushed her nerve-grinding laughter back into her. "Wang LiZhen, I am not going to take care of you here and dirty the Mu's floor and my woman's eyes." He stood up straight, pulled out his cellphone from his pocket, and dialed three numbers.

"You've caused my mother's death and my grandfather was unable to go in peace. Wang LiZhen, there are places on this world for people like you. You will be sentence to life in prison with no chance of early release. Those who are there can commit acts that are beyond your imagination just for a tube of toothpaste. I would very much like to find out how many days can you last in a place like that."