Independent - Jim Hopper

When you started dating Jim, he was shocked that you never needed his help with anything, maybe it was because its the 1980's, all men expect a good housewife. Your parents always brought you up to never need a mans help with anything and now you lived on your own in a different state, that was never more true. 

You were always doing something, when you were painting your living room, he offered to help, you declined must to his dismay. "Why do you never let me help you?". You looked at him and sighed "I don't need your help Jim, I am perfectly capable of doing things myself. Just because I am a woman doesn't mean I am useless"

He looked at you and sighed "I know, it's one of the many reasons I love you. I never have to worry about you". You smiled and looked at him. "If you really want to help, there are spare paintbrushes over there". He pulled his jacket off, took his hat off and rolled up his sleeves and sent you a wink when he caught you staring at his arms. 

When you had finished you got clean, put different clothes on and started walking to Enzo's to get some dinner. You stopped in your tracks when you saw Will, Mike and Dustin running down a road, glancing behind them. You and Jim stopped and watched them run and climb into a derelict school bus. You then saw a guy in a suit with a gun running in the same direction, you nudged Jim with your elbows, nodded towards the direction where he was running and put your finger to your lips. You started chasing after then, when you were behind the guy, you grabbed his collar and slammed his face against the bus, he groaned, but before Jim had a chance to come help, you knocked him out.

Slowly climbing the school bus steps you sighed when you saw all the boys were safe. They all came up to you and hugged you. You guided them out of the bus where Jim was still waiting with a shocked look on his face. You shrugged. The guys looked at the guy out cold on the floor, they went up to Jim, hugged him and thanked him for the not letting the guy get him. He looked at the kids with a weird look "It wasn't me, it was Y/N"

You eventually sent the boys on their way making sure they went straight home. Jim hugged you from behind. "I can't believe I get to marry such a badass one day. I love you so much"

You smiled "I love you too" while placing a small kiss on his lips