Party - Jim Hopper

This party had been planned for months, it was started out as a celebration party for the staff and their families. You had made sure your calendar was free, hoping that Jim would invite you. He eventually did, but only a week before the event, not much time to buy a new dress and shoes but you managed to do it with help from El and Max. 

You had invited them to the party, they in turn invited Will, Mike, Dustin, Eddie and Steve. Steve was always flirting with you, although you admit, he was cute, he was way too young for you to consider a relationship with and you had a crush on Jim. That much was obvious to everyone, the longing looks you sent him whenever you were in the same room, the slight touches, the need to be near him and doing everything for him. Jim never picked up on it, he was oblivious, he had not been in a relationship in a long time and never knew you were flirting with him. 

El held your hand when you walked into the station, the party already in full swing, drinks flowing and music playing. You guided El to her friends, they all said hello to you, while Steve winked at you and gave you a kiss on your cheek, what you didn't see was Jim was staring at Steve, jaw clenched and a tight grip on his glass. 

El went to dance with her friends, as you stood to the side of the room, away from everyone. You hoped that Jim would come speak to you or ask you to dance but as the hours ticked by, he didn't glance your way, you still had the same drink you started with. You were contemplating leaving when El came marching up to you. 

"Where is dad?"  You looked at her confused, "I don't know El. Do you think you could all get a lift home with your dad. I am going to go home" She shook her head no, grabbed your hand and started pulling you around the room, weaving in and out of people while looking around looking for Jim. She stopped suddenly when she spotted him talking to one of his colleagues, narrowed her eyes and pulled you quickly to him. She tapped his arm, he looked down at her and smiled. She held out your arm, grabbed his, he must have got the hint as he grabbed your arm and looked at you confused. 

"Y/N came her for you, brought us here for you and you haven't spoken to her all night"

"El, its okay. It's no big deal" 

"Dance with her or I will" Steve said. You didn't realise that the kids had come to stand behind you, Jim stared at Steve, sighed, grabbed your hand and pulled you to the dancefloor. As you danced, Jim whispered in your ear " I hate seeing Steve flirt with you. He thinks he has a chance with you" You laughed and said "He's too young, plus I have my eye on someone else. 

Jim pulled away from you and raised his eyebrow. "Who is it? Do I know him?" Now or never you thought, you nodded "It's you Jim. I like you". He smiled, put his hand on your lower back, dipping you slightly as he leant down to kiss you. 

You were both to caught up in the moment to realise the kids were watching you on the side lines, high fiving each other and smiling. They could clearly see the love radiating off you both.