Nervous - Jim Hopper

You had known Jim for years. Joyce had introduced you to him a long time ago, you felt comfortable round him instantly and was attracted to the man straight away. Joyce knew this and always tried to get you to admit your feelings to him. You refused to of course, you were certain that he would reject you. 

That was until Joyce admitted that she told him that you had a crush on him when she was drunk and he was taking her home. You didn't know whether to scream or cry, you were frozen in your place. The man you had a crush on knew that you liked him, there was no way you could face him again, the embarrassment flushed over you as you scurried out of the shop. 

After that day you actively avoided Jim. Whenever you knew he would be in a certain place you avoided it. You didn't think he would notice your missing presence but he did, he constantly asked Joyce about where you was and why you were avoiding him. Joyce being Joyce always told you when he was asking about you.

It carried on for weeks until you were walking back to your house from a coffee date with Joyce when Jim pulled up in his police car.

"Get in, I'll take you home" Jim shouts from the driving seat.

"No thankyou, I'll be fine" you said as you shook your head at him. He sighs, puts the car into park, gets out and walks till he is in front of you. You look up at him and smile. "Stop avoiding me Y/N. We need to speak". You try to escape and walk around him. He stops you and stares down at you.

"I know about you feelings towards me and -"

You put your hands on his arms. "Jim, please stop speaking, I don't need your pity. You don't feel the same and that's fine. Give me time and I promise I will get over you. You just make me really nervous"

Jim sighs, puts his hands on your face and says "is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

"I am not sure yet but I really do like you" you reply

" I really like you too, don't get over me. Please don't ever get over me" He whispers. He kisses you passionately as you both stand near his car without a care in the world.