PDA - Jim Hopper

You and Jim had been dating for a while, you realised early on in the relationship that he was not a fan of PDA. This meant to hand holding, hugging or kissing in public, to anyone who didn't know you two well, it would have looked like you were friends, not a couple in love.

Although you didn't like it at the start, you came to accept that it was how Jim was and you loved him so you accepted that it wouldn't change. When you were at work together, it was purely professional, mainly because you didn't want to mix business with your personal life. You packed lunches and brought them for him, got him coffee in the mornings and helped him finish his paperwork so he wasn't stuck in the station till the early hours of the morning.  When you two were at home, he loved to have his arms round you at any time, his head in the crook of your neck, giving you little kisses, he was able to be vulnerable around you but in public, he wanted to be seen as a protector. 

It was the station's annual Christmas party and naturally you and Jim were going together, but unlike other years, this year's party was held in a bar instead of the station. You were laughing, dancing and just generally having fun, Jim was right at your side the whole time. Well that was until you went up to the bar for another round of drinks. You felt an arm slip round your waist, you smiled and turned round slightly, smile disappearing when you realised it was a random man, not your boyfriend. You removed the man's arm from around your waist and turned to tell him you had a boyfriend, before you had a chance he started speaking "What's a beautiful girl like you doing here on your own?" "I have a boyfriend, I'm not interested" you replied. He rolled his eyes, put his hand on your shoulder and said "I don't see him around. Come on we can go have some fun"

You swiftly turned around and slapped him, before you had chance to scream at him, Jim was at your side. "She said she had a boyfriend, leave her alone" The guy turned round and squared up to Jim, and said "leave us alone, we were just leaving to have fun". The only reply was Jim punching the man in the face, and then his friends leading him out the bar apologising. Jim put a hand on your shoulder, leant down and kissed you passionately, at that moment it felt like it was only you and him, pulling away you heard the team wolf whistling. You blushed and hid your face in Jim's chest while he laughed and kissed your head. 

He held your hand as you walked back towards the team, you go to sit down on the seat next to Jim, but you were suddenly pulled onto Jim's lap, his arms secured around your waist to prevent your escape while he put his head on your shoulder. You were shocked and happy that he was finally showing you he loved you in public, although you never really doubted his love for you