Gifts - Jim Hopper

You have always shown your love for people through gift giving and acts of service, the people at the station had really become your second family since moving to Hawkins on your own. They helped you and guided you while you struggled to accommodate to a new place on your own. When Flo got you the job as the chief's assistant, you were extremely grateful, when you had been there for a couple of months, you were told that the chief's birthday was coming up, so you decided to bake him a chocolate cake, it was a classic, easy to bake and you just happened to know it was his favourite. When his birthday did eventually come around and you presented the cake to him, he was very grateful, hugging you tight. 

Months went by, there was no special occasions but you decided to start baking cookies for the station, it was a good way to pass time on a weekend and the staff seemed to appreciate it. You always had a crush on Jim, although you were hiding it well because no one had any idea. You thought he appreciated the baking goods you brought to work until you heard him saying "She's so clingy, always bringing stuff in when no one has asked her to. It's annoying". 

You decided that if he felt like that, then you wouldn't bring any things in for him. The next week, you brought some chocolate chip cookies in for the team, handing them out in separate containers, the team were confused why you didn't take any to Jim but decided not to question it. You avoided him, ducking into corridors and empty rooms when you saw and heard him coming in your direction, only speaking to him when it was the last option. He didn't notice it at first but after time, he did start to. He started to get annoyed at it and questioned the team, asking them if they knew the reasons why you were ignoring him, they all shook their head and shrugged their shoulders. 

Jim had enough, he decided to end this awkward atmosphere once and for all. You just happened to be walking past his office, he decided to bite the bullet and dragged you into his office by your arm and promptly closing and locking the door after. He trapped you in with no room to escape as he stood and blocked the door.  

"Why are you ignoring me? What have I done wrong?" Jim said while staring at you. You shook your head, trying not to let the tears fall down your face. "You have been ignoring me for weeks and I am sick of it. If you don't like me, just say it!" Jim demanded. You let out a sob, and looked at the floor. Jim's face fell, he realised he made you cry, slowly walking towards you as you backed away from him until your back hit the wall. He pulled you into a hug, holding you tight as you sobbed into his chest. 

After a while you pulled away from his chest, looking up at him. "I heard what you said about me bringing gifts for the station, how it was clingy and annoying. I don't want to annoy you Jim, I like you too much. I decided it was the best to keep my distance from you. I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry love, I didn't mean it. I was having a bad day and took it out on you, I promise I will do better, don't apologise, it wasn't your fault."

You nodded, hugged him, kissed his cheek and started walking towards the door. You felt his hand wrap around your arm as he pulled you back towards him. He leant against his desk so he was at the same level against you, you looked at him confused as you stood in between his legs. He leant down and kissed you, your heart felt it was coming out your chest. You smiled into the kiss and pulled away. He slowly opened his eyes and laughed.

"So you like me?" Jim said, you rolled your eyes, sighed and said "Shut up" as you leaned in and kissed him again, sighing happily when you felt him kiss you back, simultaneously pulling you in closer to him by your waist with one hand while his other hand went to your cheek deepening the kiss