Friends to Lovers - Jim Hopper

Ever since you had started working in the station five years ago and met chief Jim Hopper, you became instant friends and you had a slight crush on him, everyone else seemed to pick up on that except the man himself. You never said anything, he had a thing with Joyce and you didn't want to ruin that for him so you kept quiet. Now five years later, the crush hadn't gone away like you hoped and you were no closer to admitting you feelings for him, even after everything ended with Joyce. 

That was until you and Jim met a man called Murray, who quickly got annoyed at your small arguments. It all came to ahead when you were all in the car together, while you and Jim was having a disagreement. Murray sighed loudly and said "children! children! children! This interminable bickering was amusing at first, but it's getting very stale and we've still got a long drive ahead of us, so why don't you two cut the horseshit and get to the part where you admit your sexual feelings for one another?" 

You jaw fell open, you hadn't known him long but it was like he read your mind. You never got a chance to respond before Jim said "Woah" while hands gripping the wheel so hard his knuckles were turning white. Murray chuckled and said " Please for my sake, quit your bickering or pull over, tear off those clothes and get it over with already".

Silence fell over the car, the tension thick as Jim pulled into a gas station, he got out the drivers seat, walked round the car and opened the door for you. You got out and looked at him, he looked down at you.

"Do you think he might be right? That there might be something between us" you said. Jim nodded but didn't respond. You looked away from him and focused on the floor. Jim held your chin with one hand as his other hand went to the bottom of your back as he leant down and kissed you. Your hands held his face as you moved in sync, you stayed like that until Murray shouted "Finally! Now can we get a move on before I end up seeing something I really dont wanna see"

You and Jim laughed as he guided you to the car and opened the door for you. He got in his side and started driving, every once in a while squeezing your thigh