[ 𝟎𝟒𝟒 ] 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐬, 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐛, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐤𝐮𝐠𝐞𝐥-𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐭 . . . ?

┌───────────────────┐
☂︎☂︎☂︎
└───────────────────┘

Five Hargreeves moved down the steps of the academy with ease and calmness. He glided his pale hand down the dark brown wooden railing as he took in the sights and viewings he was so used to when he was a kid.

Number Five regretted time traveling to the apocalypse for many reasons. One of them being that he left his family; his rock. He wouldn't admit it, but he missed them all the time while there. They may be a massive pain in his ass most of the time, but Five was a huge sucker at heart. He needed them in his life or he wouldn't be able to live with himself.

Another would be the voice in his head of Reginald Hargreeves telling him "I told you so" because his father did tell him so. He was naïve and incompetent to have believed in himself or even thought he was ready at such that young and inexperienced age.

He wasn't at all and we all knew that.

Last would be ending on terrible terms with Y/n.

He would never admit this, but in the apocalypse—Five Hargreeves built his siblings out of rocks and large bags of sand he found and positioned them as if they were having a simple conversation or making plans for stopping bad guys as they did many times before in one of their rooms to on missions.

He would set Delores in his wagon as it was perched to the far left side of him, and hold a note pad and pencil in hand as he read out scenarios of break-ins, robberies, or kidnappings. He'd state what each sibling was supposed to do, where they were supposed to go, and how they were supposed to take care of everything. He even made a job for Viktor which was to aid and make sure everyone was alright at the end.

One of the times he set up the rocks and sand bags was when he tried apologizing to the real Y/n, but performed it to rock Y/n.

A written apology, that was jotted down on a burnt piece of paper and was written with a surprisingly non-burnt pencil he found, that he read aloud to the girl.

When he arrived in twenty nineteen, the apology immediately left his mind for good. He didn't mentally prepare to say it to the real Y/n, only physically, and blanked—going back to his usual angry, sorted-out demeanor.

Five Hargreeves always knew liked Y/n Beaumont.

Not always romantically as he does now, but more as a friend earlier in his life. He realized he liked her romantically one night when they were thirteen.

The two were laying in Fives bed staring up blankly at the ceiling as they talked about anything. Hargreeves wasn't home, but away on a business trip so they could do anything imaginable.

Luther and Allison were together, Diego, Ben, and Klaus snuck out to the donut shop to finish a competition and come home puking, and Viktor was sound asleep in his bed.

Silence ran over the room as the conversation had ended moments ago and they were just enjoying each other's presence.

They didn't complain about that nothingness, don't get it wrong, but the silence was relaxing to them.

Five looked over to his left to see Y/n staring at the ceiling in a full daydream. He could practically hear the screws turning in her head as a scenario or made-up movie rolled through her mind.