Skelebros

I practically sprinted to the door after hearing the soft knock. "Aliza!" "Hiya, (Y/N)!" I wrapped the small girl in my arms, slighting picking her up from the floor. "How's my favorite human?" Aliza smiled and walked into my house, slipping her shoes into the rack. "I'm good! Hey, remember how I said I was going to go into the mountain like my sib did?" I nodded, standing beside them. "Well...I did..." My eyes widened as I began checking over the frail girl for any marks. She had scars on her body I was sure she never had before.

"Aliza-" "(Y/N), please! I'm fine...and besides...I can't believe you didn't know I freed the monsters?" I sucked in a breath and turned away, my face heating up. "You didn't even know they were free, huh?" "I DON'T WATCH THE NEWS!" Aliza giggled and patted my shoulder while I tried to calm down from my embarrassment. I mean, I used to babysit this kid...and now she was out here doing such cool shit. And what was I doing? Working a minimum wage job at a fast food joint

"Did you hear me?" I turned to Aliza, who seemed a little nervous. Gosh, was her hair this messy when she got here? I grabbed a brush off the coffee table and sat her on the floor, sitting behind her on the couch. "Nope, repeat, please." "Okay, so I want to introduce you to my Skunkles! That means Skeleton-Uncles! They're names are Sans and Papyrus! Sans is kinda scary and mean, but he's a jokester and a nerd at heart! And Papyrus is soo cool! He makes awesome puzzles like the ones you did with me as a kid! But real life, not just board games!"

I smiled at my handiwork, a high ponytail with a small white ribbon. "Alright, but go look at yourself in the mirror!" Aliza got up, taking the brush with her, and headed to the bathroom. She came back smiling. "Thank you, (Y/N)!" "Sure thing, kiddo. Now, let's go meet your Skunkles, huh?" I got up and grabbed my keys off the hook and snatched my wallet. My phone was already tucked away in the pocket of my black skinny jeans. I tugged the emerald green zip-up of the coat rack and put it on over my white shirt.

The two of us left the house and got into my old Ford Expedition. Aliza pointed to where I needed to turn and I ended up in a newer neighborhood made up of all monsters. "There! The one with snow!" I pulled into the driveway and turned to Aliza. "How the fuck does the house have snow on it? It's the middle of summer..." Aliza giggled and jumped out, running to my side. I haven't seen her this excited since she was a little kid...

"C'mon, (Y/N)!" "I'm coming, I'm coming..," I said, shutting the door behind me as I got out. I walked behind Aliza to the door, watching her knock hard thrice. A tall skeleton with sharp, uneven teeth opened the door. Where his eye should be were black circles and he wore an unsettling smile. His t-shirt was grey and his pants were black, like mine. His fingers were long and thin, almost like needles. "Hello, Aliza!!" The skeleton practically yelled, kneeling down and hugging Aliza. "Hi, Papyrus!" Aliza said, a little quieter, but not much.

"And who is your friend!?!" The tall skeleton, Papyrus, said. I covered my ears; damn, this guy was loud. Aliza's smaller, pale hands pulled mine from my head. "This is (Y/N), and please talk a bit quieter..," she said, smiling. "Ah, of course! Hello, (Y/N)! I am the Great Papyrus!" I smiled at the skeleton's attempt to be quieter, he seemed so nice! "Nice to meet you, Papyrus!" Aliza smiled. "(Y/N), I bet you and Sans will get along, too!"

Papyrus stepped back and let us inside the house. It looked like had been repaired recently, due to all the plaster and paint buckets on the floor. "Forgive the mess, humans! I've been doing some renovations!" "It's alright, Papyrus! (Y/N) doesn't mind, right?" I nodded and smiled at the skeleton, who smiled right back. He was actually kind of cute. "Heya, what's with all tha yellin', Paps?" someone said as they headed down the staircase. They wore black basketball shorts with white stripes on the side, dirty pink slippers, and a dark blue zip-up hoodie with dark stains that was pulled over their head.

"Ah, brother! Aliza has brought a new friend!!" Papyrus yelled while putting his large hand on my head. The person, who I guessed must be Sans, looked up. A single reed eye looked back at me. 'Scary...' "Oh, okay," he said, sounding very annoyed. Aliza ran over and hugged the skeleton, giggling. "Sans, you and (Y/N) are gonna get along so well! They hate humans, too!" I crossed my arms over my chest. "Aliza, don't go yelling that..," I said, quietly.

Sans was suddenly in front of me, a large smile on his face. His teeth looked razor sharp and were pristinely white, unlike his brother's. "Huh, really? In that case, 'm Sans. Sans tha skeleton. Nica ta meet ya, (Y/N)." Sans stuck his hand out and I almost grabbed it before seeing the joy buzzer in his hand. "The old buzzer in the hand trick, huh? I thought you would at least try a little bit, man," I said. Sans chuckled and retracted his hand, shrugging. "It's a classic, though."

A/N: Hope you like this! Sorry it took so long, I was rewriting another book of mine.

Date: 8/14/22 11:07

Word count: 936