Stupid Shower-

~(Y/N)'s POV~

Nightmare ended up staying for breakfast, which seemed to be fine with everyone. They all got along great- which would be great most of the time, but Nightmare just...gave me the chills. Every once in a while, I could swear I would see a glare or a frown targeted at me in the corner of my eye, but when I turned to Nightmare, he was always doing something else. It started really making me paranoid, which earned Dust's hand slipping into mine under the table. He gave it a cold, yet reassuring little squeeze, mumbling that "he does this to everyone" under his breath. It definitely calmed me down enough to finish breakfast.

I got up from the table and grabbed my plate before Sans asked what I was doing. "I was...gonna wash my plate? I'm full and I need to get going..." He grunted, rolling his singular red eye. "Yeah, ya ain't doin' tha'. Leave yer plate, I'll wash it." "But...you cooked?" "An' I wash 'em weird, an' put 'em weird. So jus'- jus' lemme do it, yeah?" I nodded and set the plate down, thanking him for breakfast and making my escape. Instead of dashing off straight to my house, I waited outside for Dust. It wasn't long before he walked out the front door, sighing. "He's such a dick...sorry about Boss, (Y/N)." I smiled and took his hand in my own as he began our stroll to my house.

"Don't worry too much about it, Dusty. I really don't mind. I had my sweet little boyfriend there to relax me." His face turned purple as he tried to stumble out something, but he eventually went silent and tugged his hood down a bit with his free hand. Stars, he really was cute when he was flustered- "You're...s-sweet too, (Y/N)..." I felt my cheeks up a bit as his shy confession, but I could only chuckle a bit in response. Anything else would've only made him more shy. It wasn't long before we got to my house and Dust was making sure every door and window was locked. "Paranoid?" I asked, tipping my head to the side. He chuckled nervously from where he was peeking out the back door, turning to face me. "Kinda, sorry..."

"Nothing to be sorry for, Dusty. I'm gonna go take a shower, so here? Don't need you peeking in on me, you perv~" Dust tried to rebut, but just pouted and went to the couch. I snorted and headed to my room. I grabbed some clothes and headed into the bathroom. I stripped down and tossed my dirty clothes in a pile on the toilet lid, turning on the shower. I checked the temperature with my hand, adjusting it a bit before finally finding a happy medium. I stepped in and let the water roll down my body, simply enjoying the feeling against my skin. I made sure my hair was completely wet before getting some shampoo and scrubbing it into my scalp, already starting to feel cleaner.

After rinsing my hair and washing my body, I shut the water off, standing still as the steam from the shower kept me warm. I reached my arm to the towel rack and grabbed a towel, starting to dry my body off. I then dried my hair the best I could without shaking my head around like a metalhead having a seizure. I wrapped it around my body and stepped out, shivering. "Fuck, it's cold..," I muttered, reluctantly taking the towel off to get dressed. I had some baggy distressed jeans with a black and white AC🗲DC shirt and a black cropped zip-up jacket. I made sure my hair was presentable and spent a good ten minutes playing with the hoodie strings to make them even before getting back to my bedroom. I put on some white crew socks and black converse and headed to the living room.

I peeked around the corner and saw Dust toying with his scarf- and talking to someone. I couldn't actually see anyone else, but he definitely wasn't on the phone. "Shut up...they're nice and they treat me like a decent monster- I know they're a human, Paps...yeah, but...they wouldn't dust anyone unless they had to! I know they wouldn't...too nice for that." Was he talking about me? No, I'm being a dumbass- he probably knows other nice humans. "I love them, Paps...they're so attractive and that smile...you'd like them if they could see you too, Paps. (Y/N)'s nothing like any other human..." Oh, fuck me, I guess.

I made my approach somewhat loud so Dust wouldn't think I was eavesdropping...despite doing exactly that- "Oh- hey, (Y/N). You look..." Dust cut himself off with a strained chuckle, purple lighting up his pale cheekbones. "Gay? Because that's kinda how you look, Dusty." He stuttered out absolute nonsense for a few seconds before groaning and covering his skull with his hands. I chuckled and plopped down next to him, leaning against his shoulder. It took him a solid minute to put his arm around my shoulders and relax. "Your 'Boss' should be here to get me soon." "Why exactly are you two going..? A-And where?"

"Fuck if I know, I think it's got something to do with a little surprise. But I really can't be too sure with Goopy fucking le Grande." Dust raised his eyebrow, confused. "It's a reference to a game- Cuphead? You know, finger blasting the Devil?" "No..?" "Oh my god, Dust! It's a great game- I'll make you play it at some point with me. You can be my Mugman" "O...kay..?" I chuckled and just leaned against Dust. The idea came to me- what if we got to the point of being domestic together? Spending nights in, cuddling, watching movies...I really liked that idea.

Dust touched his teeth to my cheek gently, smiling. "You okay there, (Y/N)? Smiling funny." "Uh- yeah, sorry. Thinking." "Aboooooout?" "Just you. Doing things, spending time together- domestic stuff." Dust shifted, leaning his skull against my head. "I'd like that...some domestic stuff with you...have to ask Boss for some more time here. Could take you on a proper date...bowling or something." "Oh fuck off, I'm so bad at bowling." "Really-?" "Yeah- stupid fucking game..." Dust laughed and softly connected his teeth to my lips in a kiss. What a cute moron.

Holy shit, I didn't think college would suck all my time the way it did. It's not even that my classes are hard (they're all pretty easy, and I only have four this semester!), I just...forget to do stuff other than classes and work- I'll try to update a lot more over these few days.

For those of you that read my other books, here's a quick update:

-SJ has two chapters coming out at roughly the same time, so I'm really writing double.
-CA has about one paragraph written...yeah, I need to plot-
-ACAR is my next priority!! It has a good chunk written, I just need to move the plot along a bit more ^-^
-The oneshots book is currently stuck up on a chapter I don't know how to write. It's a fairly common ship, I just don't really like it or indulge in it- it's for a really close friend, though, so I want to work on it for them! (Love ya, Cyth!)
-And then the absolutely NONE of you reading ST...Yeah, it's kinda on hiatus. Lost motivation for it (it's got less chapters than ACAR, c'mon now.), so it probably won't be getting an update.

Anyways, thanks for listening to me ramble on! Bye bye!

Date: 9/21/23 16:12

Word Count: 1260