Slowly Making Sense

~Horror's POV~

"Yer a freak, Killz." Killer whined and continued eating his spaghetti with a spoon. I chuckled and served the rest of the guys, Error was missing, of course. Dust was glaring daggers at his food, which made me feel weird. What did my food ever do to him? "Somethin' botherin' ya, Dust?" Dust looked up, his eyes hostile. He looked like he was about to attack. I instinctively teleported my axe into my hand, watching as he shifted. Suddenly, he lunged and tried to stab me with a magic attack. "What are you two doing?"

I pushed Dust off me with my feet, and as he was about to attack again, Boss's tentacle grabbed him. "What'd gotten into you, Dust? You need to stop, or I'll be forced to pu-" "Sorry, Boss," he said, not letting him finish. "Guess I'm just too eager to kill (Y/N)." The mention of the human, MY HUMAN, being killed? First, it seemed like a throwaway line, but the intent in his eyes from earlier..? "Yer...Yer gonna what?" Dust seemed to forget I was in the room or something, because he seemed shocked I asked.

After realizing his mistake, he tried to backpedal, fumbling over his words. By now, Boss had sit down for dinner and was watching with amusement. Killer was too. "Dust, answer me straight, okay? If ya were given the chance, would ya kill (Y/N)?" Dust paused, if only for a second, before nodding. No words came to my mind, just...just rage. He knew how special (Y/N) was to me- they were special in the same way Aliza and Papyrus were. And yet...and yet... "Don't take it personal, man," Killer said, kicking his feet up on the table. 

"Dust hates all humans, not just yours." I clenched my fists, feeling my SOUL pound with negativity. Boss was definitely getting a good show. "I don't care! He shouldn't- They did nothing to him! They're the best goddamn human I've met! They hate humanity as much as you do, you self-absorbed, dirty, brother-killing-" Boss grabbed my arms before I had the chance to swing my axe at Dust. He seemed hurt by what I said, but didn't say anything else. He had walked off, actually.

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I smiled and gently stroked Papyrus's head as he laid in my lap, like a big old mastiff. Soft purrs emitted from him, almost like a cat, though. He was just a big softie, really. "Hey, (Y/N), I'm back," Aliza said, her voice quiet. Papyrus stirred a bit, but he mostly just moved his shoulders. "How did it go?" Aliza had gone out to advocate for monster rights, since some establishments weren't one hundred percent on board with the idea of letting them in. The old adage of "separate but equal" was being discussed, but nothing was done as of yet.

Aliza sat beside me on the arm of the couch, since Papyrus's long limbs had covered the entire sitting area. "I...It didn't...go good..." I looked at her and saw a scratch on her cheek. Rage flowed through me. Who hurt my Aliza? "What. Happened." Aliza's eyes became smaller as she hurriedly tried to calm me down. "Nonono! I-I fell! Really!" Papyrus stirred and moved, facing me. He whined slightly, I think he might've been having a nightmare. I rubbed his cheek softly and he slowly calmed down.

"Aliza, just tell me the truth. I won't be mad, okay? At least, I won't take it out on the douchebag that hurt my little angel." Aliza smiled and relaxed again. "It...was just someone from school. Or, um, my old school. Since I'm homeschooled now..," she said, her eyes getting dull. "Is it Luke?" Aliza's head snapped up in my direction, her voice frantic. "H-How did you know?" I sighed and continued stroking Papyrus's skull. "I know you feel bad for him and his situation, but he's not going to change, Al-"

"(Y/N)- ..'Even the worst person can change. Everyone can be a good person if they just try.' Sans said that." I sighed and looked away, I knew she'd won that one. Aliza and I winced as a loud bang came on the door. I slowly moved Papyrus's head and got out from under him. He seemed sound asleep, thank gosh. I opened the door a crack and saw some weird...thing. It was a black blob with weird things shooting out of it. "What the shit..?" After I spoke, it turned around and...it had a fucking face

"Why hello there, (Y/N). I am-" Fuck no. I slammed the door in that things face, making Papyrus whine again. I locked the door and walked back over, getting underneath his head again. I gently rubbed his skull until he calmed back down, even if he still looked a bit distressed. "Aliza, go into Papyrus's room and lock the door. Call Sans and tell him something's outside and it knows my name." Aliza, without question, walked swiftly up the stairs into Papyrus's bedroom. Not too much later, Sans walked out of the room with Aliza following.

"Ya said somethin' was out there? And it knew yer name?" I nodded, still rubbing Papyrus's head. "Mm..." Sans walked towards the door, his axe in hand. As he opened it, he winced a bit. "Uh, B-Boss! What're you, u-uh, doin' here?" Sans opened the door and let the weird thing in, which immediately turned to me. The sudden feel of fear flowed through me, and I got really cold. "Ah, so you're still here. Allow me to pick up where I left off. I am Nightmare, the God of Negativity. You see, you've caused quite the issue among my subordinates."

I looked at Sans, who seemed just as confused. "(Y/N), are you aware of the existence of our Multiverse?" I nodded, still confused. "Boss-" "Your Sans and another, whom goes by Dust, fought today. Dust wants you dead, but your Sans seems oddly enamored with you. I want to know why." I moved my tongue around my mouth, carefully considering my options. "I don't really know. From what I've heard, Dust is a bit of an ass."

Quick A/N: For those of you who don't know, I am currently stationed in Florida, USA. With the impending hurricane Ian, I don't know if I'll have internet or power. I will update you as soon as I can. Please be safe

Date: 9/28/22 23:02

Word Count: 1060