So Cool

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I blinked open my eyes and stretched. I was momentarily panicked, before eventually remembering that I was in Sans' room. I got up from the bed and rubbed my eyes, walking downstairs. Aliza and Papyrus were sitting at the small 4-seat kitchen table, talking pretty loudly. "Oh, hello, (Y/N)!!" Papyrus said, smiling. I winced slightly at the volume and just nodded. I noticed Sans was standing at the stove, cooking. "Wow, didn't figure you for the cooking type, Sans."

The skeleton in question turned, giving a lopsided smile. "Yeah, well, Paps ain't really the best cook if it ain't pasta. Eggs and toast sound good fer ya?" he asked, turning back to the stove. "Yes, thank you, Sans." He nodded peacefully, flipping the two eggs in the pan. I walked over to the table and sat down across from Papyrus and beside Aliza. The two were talking loudly, so I discreetly covered my ears.

Sans came over not too far after with three plates of eggs. Papyrus and Aliza immediately started digging in, which I found a bit rude. They should wait for Sans to come eat, too. Sans came over again with toast and a cup of coffee. He set the plates down like before and started drinking from his mug. "You're not going to eat?" I asked. Sans shrugged, "Not hungry." I nodded and started eating, seeing that Papyrus and Aliza were devouring their food.

I finished pretty quickly, but nowhere near close to the sheer speed of the lanky skeleton, who had since walked out the door with Aliza to go 'train', whatever that means. Sans got up and began washing the dishes. I followed him and gently pushed him away. "Huh? What are ya doin?" "I'm 'doin' the dishes. Now scram, go play with Papyrus and Aliza." Sans pushed me back. "Yer my guest, I'll do it." And I pushed him again. "Yeah, well you cooked breakfast. Now go before I shove your bony foot in your mouth."

Sans almost tried again, but smiled and patted my shoulder. "Fine, ya win. Just leave em on the dryin' mat over there. I'll put em away later." I nodded and watched Sans leave the kitchen before resuming washing the dishes. In all honesty, they weren't even that bad. After a couple minutes, I set the dishes on the mat and dried my hands on the rag sitting on the counter. I folded it and placed it back, heading to the porch to see what was going on. 

Papyrus was holding two sharp bones with red stains, swinging them at Aliza, who was dodging them with skill. Aliza paused and went in for a counter attack with a retractable staff. She swung at Papyrus' head, but was blocked by one of the bones. It was a rapid fight, with swings being thrown violently both ways. Did she learn all of this in the Underground? Sans was suddenly next to me, "She's a good fighter, ya know. Hey, did she ever do anything like this on the Surface?" 

I shook my head and turned to Sans. "No, she...she was an introvert who enjoyed reading in the shade. She never really did sports or anything." Sans nodded and turned back to the fight, as did I. It went on for quite some time until Aliza managed to knock Papyrus out of his stance and onto his back. She put the staff to his neck while standing over him. After what seemed like forever, she pulled it away and held a hand out to him. He smiled and grabbed it, using it to pick himself up.

The two got right back to fighting, which did momentarily worry me again. Sans' bony hand found my shoulder and held it gently. "Relax, (Y/N). Aliza's a strong an' capable little girl. She's seen things more terrifying than ya could ever imagine. She managed to free us, and survived the bitch tryin' ta kill her." I sighed and crossed my arms, looking away. "She's just a kid, though. She...she shouldn't have been exposed to that. I should've stopped her...I thought she was just saying that, but it happened with Frisk, too and-"

Sans' hand tightened on my shoulder. "Did ya say...F R I S K?" I turned and saw Sans' eyes completely black, an angry expression. "Yeah, Frisk and Aliza are siblings...Frisk is about 10 years older, though." Sans seemed confused and pained, the anger slowly fading. "Y-Yer serious?" I nodded, feeling Sans' knees buckle. I tried my best to hold him up, but he ended up on his knees. He wasn't breathing. "PAPYRUS! ALIZA!" The two stopped sparring and ran over, seeing the distress on my face.

Papyrus knelt down and picked Sans up like a sack of potatoes, haphazardly throwing him over his shoulder. "Not to worry!! The Great Papyrus shall nurse him back to health in no time!!" The taller skeleton carried Sans inside, much to Aliza's dismay. "Damn it, we were just warming up..," she said, pouting. "Aliza, language! And besides, he fainted!" Aliza rubbed her arms and looked away. "He's fine, Papy's taking care of him." 

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose, almost disappointed. But I wasn't, I was still so fucking proud of her for not only surviving the Underground, but thriving. I rubbed her shoulder and led her back into the house, where Papyrus was walking down the stairs. "He'll be fine!! He just had a massive panic attack!! Come along, Aliza!!" he yelled as he walked past me. Aliza shot me a smile and walked out.

I decided to go see Sans, since I know I would like to be comforted if I suddenly fainted from a panic attack (I have, and this is what I would want. i understand if not everyone is that way). I knocked on the door before walking in, seeing Sans curled up on his mattress. I should convince him to buy an actual bed at some point. "Sans? Are you okay?" He groaned and sat up, holding his head. "Yeah, I jus...need a minute. I can't believe sweet, little Aliza is related to that...demon."

"Demon?" "Frisk is the one who killed Asgore, and damned all of us to those torturous years under that fucking bitch of a Queen. They left us starving, killing each other, and even...I just, I hate them. "I sat on the floor beside Sans and rubbed his shoulder, hearing him sigh. "Yer a good person, (Y/N). Probably my favorite human. Heh, don't tell Aliza that." I smiled and chuckled a bit, hearing Sans happy made me happy.

"Ya know, (Y/N), I got some friends I think ya may take a liking ta. They're jus as fucked up as I am, heh." I smiled sadly and rubbed his shoulder more, until he laid back down and told me...well, everything. About the Underground, Alphys and her betrayal. Grillby's decline and Toriel becoming unhinged and unloving. It concerned me, they had to go through all of this? But in the end, I was amazed at how they made it out alive, and how they were able to smile. Especially Papyrus, he's so cool.

A/N: Hey, so update schedule might be kinda fucky. college starts tomorrow and shit. anyways...poll!

Steak

Or

Pork

Date: 8/21/22 01:26

Word Count: 1204