A Blooming Rose

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I sighed and grabbed Sans's arm, pulling him up. "Huh?" "Come on, you're going to heal Dust and then I'm taking you and your friends for ice cream. I'm tired of all this angst..," I said, turning around. I kneeled over by Dust again, taking his hand. "Dust..." He tried to pull his hand away, but was much too weak. Sans was soon beside me, avoiding eye contact with Dust. He started healing the latter, who held his own gaze to the ground.

"Dust, c'mon...Sans is trying to-" "I don't need his help, (Y/N)." "You're ulna's been snapped!" "...I'll walk it off..." I facepalmed, getting up. The two skeletons looked at me, confused. I walked over to Killer, who had been on his phone. "You wanna go to Grillby's with me?" Killer jumped up and grabbed my hands, holding them in front of me. "OF COURSE I DO!" I smiled innocently, watching Dust's jaw fall open. He whispered curses at Sans to heal faster, making me hold back a snort. (Oinion)

Dust scrambled to his feet and pushed Killer's face away with his hand. "N-No! I'm g-going with (Y/N)!" I let out a giggle and pulled my hands away from Killer. "You heard the skel. Sorry, Killer." Killer smirked and nudged Dust. "He just wants to fuck you~" Dust's face turned purple, but he didn't deny anything...hm...that gives me an idea. A very bad idea. "But won't I be the one doing the fucking, though~?" Turning back to Dust, his mouth was hanging open, his eye lights wider.

"Pfft, oh my stars-" I turned and saw Cross trying so hard not to laugh, with Sans' face holding a mix of anger and humor. "I'm teasing, Dust...you're just so cute when you're flustered, Dusty..," I said, whispering the last part. His face dulled, but still held a purple blush. While Dust was trying to leave, I was a bit more...hesitant. "So, why is everyone in my house, again?"

Nightmare shrugged, promptly leaving. Cross and Killer were right behind him, saying their goodbyes. Error sighed, glaring at the door. "I, υԋ...ɯαɳƚҽԃ ƚσ ƚαʅƙ αႦσυƚ ყσυɾ ƚɾαιɳιɳɠ. Bυƚ, υԋ...ιƚ'ʂ ϝιɳҽ. Wҽ ƈαɳ ƚҽxƚ ʅαƚҽɾ." I went to speak, but Error offered a rare, sweet smile and teleported away. Sans mentioned needing to head to the store before he teleported as well. Which left me and my new boyfriend alone.

I blinked twice before going to speak, but was interrupted with a soft kiss. When he pulled back, his face looked like a grape. Seriously, this guy is really... something. "You're, um, not very experienced in dating...or existing." "I-I've never been in a r-relationship, b-before!" I snickered and pecked his cheek, smiling at the blush. "Y-You-!" I giggled and wrapped my arms around Dust, feeling him stiffen.

"(Y-Y/N)..." "Yes?" Dust went silent before hugging back, although his body remained rigid. "...n-nothing! Let's uh...let's go to G-Grillby's!" I snorted again and let go, taking his hand. I paused before looking him up and down. "Did you want to, um...change?" Dust's face once again turned purple and he nodded, hustling upstairs to change. While I relaxed downstairs, thumping and yelling could be heard.

He came down, wearing some grey sweatpants and a black t-shirt with "Hoes Mad" written on it in cursive, pink font. I snickered- why the hell would he pick that shirt?! "Are you, uh, ready to go?" I asked, barely holding back a snicker. "Yeah. And before you ask, the shirt is-" "It looks cute, Dusty." His face turned purple, yet again. Holy shit, he might just die. "T-Thanks..," he said, tugging on the end of it.

I took his hand and we left the house, his grip tightening as we walked past other people. He was obviously nervous, but about what? "Dust, is something bothering you?" "Uh, n-no..?" "Dust-" "Okay, I'm kinda panicking. Like. A lot. A lot of panicking right now." I snickered and stopped, pulling him close. We stood there, chest to chest. "About what, Dusty?" "W-Well, uh...this would be our, um...first date...right?"

I snickered and pecked his cheek, starting to walk on without him. "It wasn't, but it can be~," I cooed, hearing him stutter uselessly. As I reached the fire monster's bar, I could hear Dust some feet behind me muttering to himself. I sighed with amusement and waited at the door that Dust walked face-first into. "Pfft, are you okay?!" Dust held his nose, where a small amount of blood dripped from. I didn't know monsters bled...

"F-Fine! I-I'm fine!" I snickered and pulled his hand away, seeing his eyes nervously dart around. I took my other hand and thumbed away the blood, leaning to kiss his nose. His face erupted into a purple blush and he smiled. "T-Thank you, (Y/N)..," he said, chuckling a bit. Whatever he'd said to himself had calmed him down from the nervous wreck he was. It was...much more enjoyable to be around him, now. God, am I a bad person for thinking that?!

"(Y/N)? You look a bit upset," he said, his bony teeth kissing my cheek. I felt my face heat up and I smiled, nodding. "It's nothing. Nothing now, at least. Thanks, Dusty." "Sure!" he exclaimed, a big, goofy smile on his face. Holy shit, I didn't know he could be this damn cute. We walked into Grillby's, seeing barely anyone there. Flashbacks of our first hangout appeared in my mind...

I went to get my wallet, but a hand grabbed mine. I looked up and saw none other than Dust. "Heya, (Y/N). Don't worry, my treat." Grillby was back much later, and cocked his head seeing Dust. "Oh, he's a friend." Dust had already put the money on the table, which Grillby took. I started eating, watching Dust sit silently. "Horror would kill me if he found out."

What changed in this short amount of time? Well, Dust opened up. He was a mere rose bud, whose only defining features were bloodstained thorns. Now, however, he had bloomed into a beautiful, bloody rose. The thorns, while still there, were most definitely less noticeable.

Date: 11/16/22 17:18

Word Count: 1008