All About Reactions

Trigger Warning: This chapter dabbles in self-harm, suicidal thoughts, and some light NSFW. You've been warned.

~Dust's POV~

I watched (Y/N) run off angrily. "Did...we do something..?" "Nah, Dust. They're jus' bein' stupid. Don't get me wrong, I love 'em ta death, but they're blowin' this thing way outta proportion." "I don't know, Horror. That's kinda harsh." I rolled my eyes at Cross, acting like he cared. "They jus' never seen it before. 'Sides, they insulted us. Let 'em get mauled or somethin'. I ain't dealin' with a moody human." Horror teleported away, leaving Cross and I.

"I'm sure (Y/N)'ll be fine, Dust." "Huh?" "You...are dating, right?" "W-What, no..." "Oh, shit, sorry dude. Guess I just thought because...well, doesn't matter. Anyways, we should go look for them, huh?" "Yeah, sure...let me get dressed." I walked over to my room and started changing, putting on my hoodie and shorts, but leaving the scarf. I don't really need it, even if it was a gift from Horror's brother...Eh, it's not cold. I left the room and found Cross on his phone. "Ready..." "Good, let's go. I think they might be on the bottom floor, so let's start there."

"Who're you two looking for?" It was Black and Razz, who looked like they were going to punch each other's lights out. Jeez, what kids... "(Y/N), they ran off." "Oh, that adorable little human? Such a shame, they were a cute pet." What. "They're not a pet." Razz rolled his eyes and put his hand on his hip. "Then why were they so pretty, huh? I wanted to just tie them up and play with them, right there. This little rat was yelling at me, though." "RAT!? YOU BETTER NOT BE TALKING ABOUT ME, YOU FUCKING CREEP!"

I stormed off down the stairs, feeling anger over take me. If I didn't leave, I would slaughter that damn skeleton. "Uh, Dust? Where're you going?" "Maybe (Y/N)'s outside. I'm looking. Don't follow me." I walked through the front doors of the castle, seeing the large, dark trees and vines everywhere. I saw footprints leading up to that tree stump Nightmare said we weren't allowed near and then down into the village. "They must've gone there...damn it, (Y/N)..."

I walked through the abandoned town, looking around. After a while, I stopped and sighed. As I was about to turn back, I heard quiet sobs to my left. "...(Y/N)?" I walked into what seemed to be an abandoned store or something, seeing their body all curled up in a corner. "(Y/N), are you okay?" "G-Go away..." I stepped over the broken glass and sat next to them, watching them cry. "...it's not normal, so why are you treating it as if it was?" "Killer...he's always been like that-" "That's MORE concerning! If...If I were like that, would you just leave me? Say it's normal and stop caring?!" 

I put my arm around (Y/N) and pulled them into my chest. "It's not that we stopped caring about Killer. But he...he was suicidal before Boss helped him in the first place. Nightmare saved him from killing himself. He's tried to do it before, and he said he hates when we make a big deal about it. He wants us to pretend its normal. He said it makes him feel like a freak. So we shrug it off. But...But it still worries us. He's our friend, and...and it's makes me upset you think I don't care about him. That I wouldn't care about you..."

Their sobs stopped and they leaned into me. "I'm sorry, Dust. I-I didn't know, I thought-" "It's okay, (Y/N)." A small warmth suddenly touched my cheek. It felt oddly like..."A-A kiss?!" They jumped back a bit, looking frightened. "S-Sorry, I-" I covered my face and mumbled an apology. Seriously, of all days to not bring my scarf- "I really like you, Dust." "Y-You...do?" They like me? Like, like me like me?? "Yeah, you're my best friend!" Oh. Friend...Of course.

"Yeah, it means a lot to me that you came looking for me. And...and you're always so nice. It's almost like you have a crush on me or something, huh?" I felt my face beginning to burn. I mean, sure they were the only human to stick around long enough to get inside my head and they were attractive...oh shit. Oh shit. "Well, let's head back before we get sick, okay?" They held their hand out to me, which I used to pull myself up. The walk back was quiet, but I noticed they were shivering. 

I slipped my jacket off and put it around them, watching their (E/C) eyes look deep into me. it almost felt like they could read my mind. "Thanks, Dusty." ...what? Dusty?! Did they call me Dusty?! What the hell?! "U-Uh, what did you say..?" "I said thanks." They seemed a bit upset and started walking ahead of me. Did I fuck up or something? Wouldn't be the first time...but...but that really made me panic. Made me hard, actually. Shit, and in the cold? Wouldn't be the first time I've walked through the cold with a boner, though.

When we got back into the castle, we were greeted by Razz searching the bottom floor. 'This guy...' "Oh, you made it back alive. That's good- it'd be a shame to lose such a beautiful human." (Y/N)'s face began flushing. What. "Stop being a creep, Razz." I took (Y/N)'s wrist and lead her towards my room. They seemed confused, but let me. God, the idea of having them in my room, in my clothes...it only made me hornier. Fuck, now I'm thinking about...

"Dust? What's wrong? You just shivered." Shit, was it that obvious? "J-Just cold...my room's warm, though." I opened the door and shut it after we both got in. I locked the door, hoping they didn't notice and thankfully, they didn't. They sat on the bed and stretched, ever so slightly revealing the supple skin of their midriff. "(Y/N)..?" "Yeah?" "...I want you to stay calm and not get mad, okay?" "Uh...sure..." "I've never really gotten...to know any humans before...because of my AU."

"Yeah, Sans mentioned something like that- he didn't go into detail, though!" I bit the inside of my cheek, shifting. "W-Well I've...always been curious...and kind of a nerd, so..." They cocked their head, the jacket shifting down to reveal the side of their slightly scarred neck. So beautiful. "I wanted to know if I could...study you? Like your anatomy. Cuz, y'know, skeleton's don't have skin and-" They started laughing, a sound I loved but also dreaded. Did they find me out. "No need to be so nervous, haha!" They stopped and looked at me, smiling. "Of course you can, Dust. So, what did you want me to do?"

Oh boy, I have big plans. And you can...probably tell ;)

Date: 10/19/22

Word Count: 1130