Halloween Special, PT. 2

~(Y/N)'s POV~

"...you like me?" My cheeks began burning as I realized what I'd said. Okay, so maybe I thought he was adorable when he got nervous and he was really attractive when he was fighting and his smile was both cute and sexy AND- Okay, maybe I really, really liked him. Maybe it was more than a crush, but I wasn't going to admit it...well, I mean, I did but- SHUT UP! "U-Um...yeah..." Dust's mouth was suddenly connected to mine in a soft kiss. I stayed as relaxed as I could and kissed back, despite internally screaming. 

He pulled away suddenly, turning away. "I-I'm sorry, you meant a-as a friend, right?" "N-No, I...I like you like you...you know...crush-wise..." Dust looked at me again, his face turning more purple by the second. "I-I...yeah, s-same..." I felt my embarrassment die down as his became more prominent. "Really? Then...should we make it official?" "W-What..?" "Do you want to be my boyfriend, Dust?" He choked on air and began coughing, which caused me to laugh and pat his back.

When he finally stopped, he looked up at me. "I-I really want that. Please, can I-I be yours, (Y/N)?" I blushed a little and nodded, opening my arms. He hugged me tight and lifted me up a bit, making me laugh. He spun me around twice before my feet were on the ground again. A big, goofy smile found its way to his face before he noticed and got flustered again. "Thank y-you..." I was still in Dust's arms as we hugged, a voice behind me making me squeak. "LET THEM GO, FIEND!" Dust summoned purple bones and blasters aimed behind me, but his grip tightened.

"UGH, DAMN IT! DREAM, BLUE!" Those names...I broke free of Dust's grip, seeing the three skeletons that caused me to flee my home before. Damn them! "H-Human, please come here! We'll protect you!" The golden one said, holding a hand out. I focused my energy into summoning my broad swoard, holding it in front of me. The gold one and the one with the bandana gasped, while the one with the giant brush seemed to only get more excited.

"Oh boy, pal! You're making a mistake, but...something tells me Error was training you." My eyes widened, making Brush (Ink) smile and laugh. "Well, this should be interesting! Guys, the human's being forced into fighting with Nightmare's Gang! We gotta take 'em both in!" The other two, while nervous, nodded, summoning weapons. Goldy (Dream) pulled out dual blades that looked a bit like Cross's, while Bandana (Blueberry) summoned two long bones, like the ones Papyrus fought with. 

Dust's blasters charged and fired, while he ran forward and began exchanging blows with Goldy. Brush charged me, my sword colliding with his brush. He kicked my stomach, making me wince. I was trained for this though...

"But what if they kick me while our weapons are locked, Killer?!" "Heh, then you hold your ground. Pretend to lose your ground and then rush forward and headbutt them!" 

I pretended to fall back, feeling Brush's force weaken. Then, I rushed forward and headbutted him, making him stumble. I kicked him in the chest, which knocked Goldy over, too. Bandana looked to his teammates before summoning blasters of his own. One grazed my arm while Dust dodged them all. 'Damnit, I'm still weak!' I brought my sword to the blasters that were charging, slashing them in half. Goldy's arms suddenly were wrapped around me from behind as a feeling of happiness flooding me...

I woke up in a small field, yellow buttercups everywhere. I plucked one, bringing it to my nose and giving it a sniff. I was so happy and relaxed...when was the last time I felt like this? "You're not happy, are you?" Golfy was standing there, his outfit different. He now had blue gloves and big boots instead. "I-I...not really..." Goldy sat beside me, offering his hand. "I'm Dream, nice to meet you." "(Y/N)...same..." I shook his hand, which made me smile. Why? I don't know.

"You're in the Mindscape, (Y/N). This is what happens when a pure emotion enters you. Only my brother, Nightmare, and I can allow access here." "Nightmare?! You're brothers?!" They looked nothing alike. They also didn't act alike, either. "Twins, believe it or not." I don't believe it- "So, why are you staying somewhere that makes you miserable?" "I...Sans is there...And Dust...And Killer, Cross, Error...they're all so nice to me, even if its a bit of tough love. It's like a nuclear family, almost..." Dream seemed shocked. So shocked that soon...

We were back in the real world. I gasped, my lungs feeling tight. Dust's hands gripped my arms, fear on his face. The painful negative emotions seemed to crash down, causing my legs to nearly give. I turned and saw Dream, who was on his knees, gripping his shirt. I left Dust's grip and helped him up, which made him smile a bit. "You're...serious? About the family thing?" I nodded, a sad smile on my face. "It's the most love I've felt in years. It's chaotic and annoying, but everyone really does love each other."

Tears began streaming down Dream's face as he smile brightly. "I'd...really like to see that. My brother, surrounded by that." I hugged Dream, his arms almost immediately around me as well. "Then come with us. We'll show you." Dream released me and beamed. We turned, seeing the other three beaten up and confused. "We're going to go with them, Ink, Blue. Come on!" Dream and I ran ahead, going into the closest store. It wasn't long after we'd gotten the rest of the decorations, going back to Sans's house to set up. 

It was deadly silent. No one knew how to acknowledge each other. Well... "Hiya, Horror!" "Uh, h-hey little Blue!" Bandana hugged Sans, both smiling. "Ooh, is that your boyfriend~?" I asked, smirking. Aliza popped up behind him. "No, it's Fa-" Papyrus's gloved hand shut her up, making me snicker. "C'mon, let her go, Papy." He flushed and did so, making Sans, Aliza, and I chuckle. It was weird at first, but soon, everyone warmed up to each other.

That was until Nightmare showed up.

Date: 10/29/22 21:25

Word Count: 1030