Two New Faces

~(Y/N)'s POV~

There was something very wrong about the way he was dressed and the way he talked. "Um...no?" The skeleton sighed and his 'royal' demeanor dropped completely. "But brah, I haven't had anyone ta hang wit in a hot sec! And ya seem p cool based on your totes rad outline, broseph!" The skeleton's shades changed from 'YO-LO' to 'BIG-SAD'. "So wait, are you a stoner or something?" "Nah bruh, just yer neigh-bro-hood radical dude! I was hangin' wit my sicknasty bruh, Glitchy, but he all up n' disappeared, ya dig?"

No, weird skeleton, I do not  dig. You're creepy and I don't like you. But I can't just tell him that, that's mean. "Yeah, sure, um...Nightmare and some fluffy dude named Cross went through a portal...maybe your friend, uh...'Glitchy' went, too?" "Oh, yeah, that makes total sense! Thanks brotato chip! Big preesh!" The skeleton 'poofed' in a cloud of neon colors that smelled like Spencer's. I do not ever want to see him again. I walked further into the library, the cold making me shudder. I saw an open book at the chair where the weird guy was sitting.

The chapter was marked 'After Salvation' and had my picture along with some acronyms and numbers that didn't make sense. A book fell on the ground somewhere else, making me turn to follow the noise. Rustling of pages and clothes got louder the closer I got. When I rounded the corner, a figure with odd clothes made eye contact with me, rounded red glasses on his face. Wait, how do skeletons wear glasses?! "W-Wԋσ ƚԋҽ ԋҽʅʅ αɾҽ ყσυ?!" 

The sound of this skeleton's voice hurt my ears, there was like a high pitched tone or something. The skeleton shrank back a bit. "Uԋ, ʂσɾɾყ. I'ɱ...Eɾɾσɾ." I gave a nervous smile and crouched down, making Error flinch. "(Y/N), nice to meet you." "Yҽαԋ, υԋ, ʂαɱҽ...ԋҽყ, ɯҽɾҽ ყσυ ƚԋҽ σɳҽ ƚαʅƙιɳɠ ƚσ ƚԋαƚ 90'ʂ ƚɾαʂԋ ҽαɾʅιҽɾ?" I recalled the weird skeleton and shuddered. "Yeah, he's...weird." "I ƙɳσɯ, αɳԃ αɳɳσყιɳɠ! Hҽ ƈαʅʅʂ ɱҽ 'Gʅιƚƈԋყ', ƚԋҽ αʂʂԋσʅҽ." I realized that Error's abnormal glitching may be the reason he got the nickname.

Error grabbed the book that fell and stood up, causing me to stand, too. "So, where am I?" "Hυԋ? Oԋ, αɾҽ ყσυ α ρɾιʂσɳҽɾ σɾ ʂσɱҽƚԋιɳɠ?" "I don't...think so? Cross brought me here after some weirdos broke into my house. Like Damp and Blossom or something." "Hυԋ...ɯҽʅʅ ιɳ αɳყ ƈαʂҽ, ƚԋιʂ ιʂ Nιɠԋƚɱαɾҽ'ʂ ƈαʂƚʅҽ." I was confused on how Nightmare got a castle, but I think someone mentioned he was a King or something? I didn't care though, I was going to talk to Error. He seemed cool.

I followed him over to an area by the fireplace, where he sat down, I sat on the ground and put my hands by the fire. "Tԋҽ ƚҽɱρҽɾαƚυɾҽ σϝ ƚԋҽ ƈαʂƚʅҽ ƈԋαɳɠҽʂ ɯιƚԋ Nιɠԋƚɱαɾҽ'ʂ ɱσσԃ. Iƚ'ʂ αƈƚυαʅʅყ ɾҽαʅʅყ ɯαɾɱ." THIS was warm? My fingernails are turning blue! (fun fact, my nails are blue rn bc im freezing) I decided to shrug it off and watch the flame flicker. Error read quietly, he was really polite.

~Time Skip, about an hour or so later~

I heard loud footsteps in the library, ones that made Error groan and close his book. "No need to react so angrily, D- Oh, (Y/N)." Error went back to reading, looking like he couldn't care less. "Hi, uh, Nightmare. What happened?" Nightmare sighed and grabbed his shoulder, rubbing it slighlty. He looked conflicted. Error sighed. "Yσυ ƈαɳ ƙҽҽρ α ʂҽƈɾҽƚ, ɾιɠԋƚ?" "...Yes?" "Gσσԃ. Nσɯ ƈσɱҽ σɳ, Ⴆҽϝσɾҽ I ƈԋαɳɠҽ ɱყ ɱιɳԃ." Error stood up, Nightmare taking his chair. Error then sat right back down in Nightmare's lap. 

Nightmare settled his head in the crook of Error's neck, who was just reading. I was confused, but ultimately thought it was cute. "So are you...?" "Dating? Yes, but no one aside from my brother and two others are aware. Their names are Geno and Reaper." "Oh, Error told me about them! Reaper sounds like an asshole. I think we would get along." Nightmare chuckled and returned to snuggling into Error's neck.

"Mm...Horror and Dust are in the great chamber healing. It's down the hall, into the left foyer, and then the room following afterwards." "...What?" Nightmare sighed nudged Error slightly with his skull. "I'ʅʅ ɱαƙҽ α ρσɾƚαʅ, ƚԋҽɳ ʝυʂƚ ɯαʅƙ ƚԋɾσυɠԋ, σƙαყ?" "Okay, thanks!" Error made the portal, but before it closed I heard: "Yσυ'ɾҽ ƈʅιɳɠყ." "Can you blame me when I have such an amazing lover?" "Sԋ-Sԋυƚ υρ!"

As the portal closed, I turned to see Horror and Dust beaten up, along with Cross and Killer. "Hi." Dust and Horror both turned quickly, making Cross and Killer look over, as well. "(Y-Y/N), you're-" "YER OKAY!" Horror ran over and hugged me tightly, making me groan in pain. I mean, he was strong for a skeleton. "O-Ow, Sans-" "Right, sorry. I was really worried 'bout cha. Ya weren't there an'-" "I'm fine, Sans. I was with Error the whole time in the library."

"Error was here and he didn't do anything?! Ugh, he's such a jerk!" Killer said, pouting. "Shut up, Killer," Cross said, rolling his eyes. Dust was just sitting there nervously. I walked over and offered a hug, to which he accepted quickly by burying his face in my chest and hugging back. "Wait, you two are dating?!" Killer asked, making Dust go stiff. "They better not be, or I'm gonna fuckin' kill Dust." I rubbed Dust's back gently, sending a soft glare at Horror. "Sans, don't be an asshole. We're friends, okay?"

Horror scoffed and sat back down, letting Cross grab his arm. I was confused until Killer started explaining: "He's using healing magic. We try to heal them first because they're the better healers. Cross and Horror, I mean. Dust's too edgy to learn how to heal." Dust mumbled something into my chest, but I couldn't understand it. He let go and stood up, holding his hand to me. "I'm tired...c'mon..." I decided that if it would piss Horror off, it was probably worth it, so I went.

He took me up stairs, through hallways, and eventually I stopped trying to remember where to go. He opened another door, but this one was into a bedroom. It was dark grey, with black curtains and black sheets. Maybe he was a little edgy. "Did you want to borrow some clothes?" He asked, turning to me. I was confused, and he seemed to pick up on it. "For sleep. It's late." I made an 'oh' sound and nodded. 

Dust got some clothes and let me go into the bathroom where I changed. I was wearing shorts like his with a really soft white shirt. When I got out, he was wearing pajama shorts. Not even his scarf, just the shorts. He noticed me and his face turned light purple. "Um...is it okay if I stay like this?" "Uh, yeah? I mean, it's your room." Dust sighed but got into his bed nonetheless, patting the side next to him.

I climbed in, but before I could get completely comfortable, Dust put his arms around me. "My turn," he said, pulling my head gently into his chest. I snickered and leaned in, finding his ribs surprisingly comfortable. I relaxed into him and felt myself drift off to sleep, wondering how mad Horror would be in the morning...

Date: 10/13/22 23:05

Word Count: 1225