Nightmares from Nightmare

Quick Content Warning: This chapter references past sexual, physical, and mental abuse. The first two italic paragraphs talk about it in detail, but after that, it's all good. :)

~(Y/N)'s POV~

"Are you fucking stupid or something?!" I winced again as he hit me, the throbbing of the punch mixed with the cold, dripping feeling of my own blood. "I-I'm sorry, I won't do it again!" "I know you won't. I won't let you." He grabbed my throat and lifted me up before tossing me into the corner. A small taser produced itself from his pocket as he pressed the button, the zapping of electricity coming to life. The cold, metal bed beside me held the rusted handcuffs I'd become accustomed to. He walked closer, brandishing his weapon. 

"Get on the bed." I did as I was told and got onto it. He took his free hand and attached the handcuffs to my wrists and ankles. "Don't go trying to be good, now, you slut," he said, putting the taser to my neck and pressing the button once again. I winced as the electricity flowed through my body. He pulled it away after a while and put his hand on my chest, before slowly rubbing down towards my genitals. I remember the demented look on his face as he...

I jolted up into a sitting position, making Papyrus jump a bit. "(Y/N), ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" I nodded, feeling my eyes burn. "YOU'RE CRYING." I wiped my eyes and sniffled. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't m-mean to..," I said, but then the floodgates opened and I started sobbing. The skeleton clearly didn't know what to do, but nonetheless held me in his long, spindly arms. "Th-There, there?" he said, his voice quiet. I tried desperately to stop, and after about 4 minutes of crying, I finally calmed down.

"Th-Thank you, Papy..." Papyrus's grip tightened a bit before he let me go, his cheeks slightly flushed. "Do you...wish to talk about it?" I shook my head and looked down, when I felt something cold and hard hit my forehead. I looked and saw it was Papyrus's...face? Oh wait, is that how skeletons kiss? "I-I...hope that helped..," he said, looking away with bright red cheeks. I smiled and leaned into his chest, the rhythmic rising and falling putting me right back to sleep.

~Horror's POV~

I groaned and looked at my phone through half-lidded eye sockets. It was a message from Paps? I got up and made a dash towards the portal room, putting in the coordinates for my room. It wasn't long before someone's hand was on my shoulder. "...Horror? What...are you doing?" Dust. "Paps texted me. He never texts me." Dust's worry filled the room. "...Can I-" "Yeah, hurry up." We walked through the portal and quickly went down the stairs. Paps was completely frozen aside from his eyes, which were pleading.

(Y/N) was buried in his chest. It was so quiet, I could hear their soft breathing. "Paps, what's wrong?" As Dust and I got closer, I could see he was shaking. "I-I'm scared, brother," he said, his voice quieter than I'd heard in years. Dust summoned a purple bone in his hand, but I put my arm in front of his chest. "Why?" "(Y/N)...th-they woke up and c-cried...they...looked so sad...something bad must've happened to them, a-and it scared me..." 

Papyrus's shaky breaths became louder- he was hyperventilating. I got closer and put my hands on his shoulders, trying to gently calm him down. "Calm down, bro. They're fine. I'm su-" (Y/N) jolted again, this time screaming. Papyrus jumped a bit and held onto them tightly. "Woah, calm down there, kiddo," I said, reaching my hand out to them. Their eyes were glowing dark pink, which was the SOUL trait of Disturbed Pacifism. When they turned to me, they winced and tried to hide further into Papyrus's arms.

I went to reach out, but Dust's hand grabbed my wrist. "...(Y/N). You're on the couch in Paps' arms. Calm down, you're loud." I was going to hit Dust upside the head, but (Y/N) seemed to calm down. Their breathing was still uneven and panicked, but they at least looked over. The glow was gone. "S-Sorry, I...I'm so sorry..." I rubbed their back as they started crying into Papyrus's chest. He sat there for a minute before wrapping his arms around them. It was a few minutes before they calmed down.

"Ya...doin' alright, now, (Y/N)?" They pulled their head from Papyrus's chest and wiped their eyes with their arm. "Yeah, sorry. I keep...having these memories..," they said, "It started when that...goopy creep showed up. The jerk." I chuckled a bit. "Ya...want somethin' ta eat? Paps?" They both nodded, so I made my way to the kitchen. I didn't know how comfortable I was when it came to leaving Dust alone with (Y/N), especially when he said he wanted to kill them...

~Dust's POV~

I watched Horror walk out, leaving me, Paps, and the human. They looked at me, but fear had left their expression. Now it was just...exhaustion. "A little tar baby told me you wanted to kill me," they said, their voice hoarse.  I flinched a bit and watched as Paps shot a glare at me before holding (Y/N) tighter into him. "I-I-" "It's okay, I figured you might. No hard feelings or anything. Just maybe don't do it in front of Papy." They pressed their head into Papyrus, making his face turn a light red. He was so cool.

"(Y/N), I do wish you wouldn't joke like that." "You can...talk like normal, Papy." "OH, THANK GOODNESS. TALKING THAT QUIET IS EXHAUSTING." (Y/N) giggled a bit and slowly got up, stretching. They then extended their hand to me. "Let's start over. I'm (Y/N)." I hesitated before gently taking their hand. "...Dust." They gave me a gentle shake and a small smile. "Well, now that that's all cleared up, I'm going to head home." Horror walked out of the kitchen with a shit ton of bacon. "...maybe after bacon." 

Watching a human get along with Paps and Horror...it was weird. I thought this Paps hated humans, too. But...but they seem so happy. (Y/N) turned to me with bacon in their hand. "C'mon, have some, Dust." I hesitated before taking the piece and popping it in my mouth. Horror was definitely the best cook, and even something as simple as bacon was delicious. We all sat there, in the living room, eating bacon. For a second...I was relaxed around a human. Maybe (Y/N) wasn't that bad after all?

Date: 10/1/22 00:42

Word Count: 1086