Chapter 8 - Terrible Hunter

Maisie and Lillianna watched as the rope got shorter and short until there wasn't enough rope. Lillianna swallowed hard before stepping of the ship.

"Its gonna be ok," Lillianna said softly  before following the rope. Climbing up another level she moved through a narrow passageway before feeling a tug on the rope. Looking back she pulled it up to find Maisie. Pulling her up the rest the way Maisie hooked onto Lillianna's side as they continued to move through the passageway. Stepping up to Jacobs side Lillianna and Maisie eyes widened. They were in the beasts nose looking out a clear covering into the beautiful ocean. 

"Wow," Lillianna whispered. Before she could do anything else the best swam for the surface sending the group tumbling back. Jacob was the first to land. Lillianna second falling flat on his chest there faces inches apart. Lillianna noticed how brown his eyes were she even notice the small flecks of gold in them. Jacob on the other hand was mesmerised by her blue eyes that reminded him so much of the sea. There little trance however was broken by Maisie slamming into them earing a "ouf" from them both.

The beast broke the surface to reveal and island not to far away. Jacob pushed the two girls to the side grabbing his spear and getting to the front.

"What are you going to do?" Maisie asked.

"I'm gonna kill it," he said simply.

"Kill it? How?" Maisie asked the question they were both thinking as they rushed up to his side.

"Well, I don't know. I just get pumped up and kind of wing it. I don't want to overthink this, all right? I'm just gonna kill it," he said simply jumping slightly in his boots the nose opening letting huge gusts of air in.

"I don't know about this," Maisie said hesitantly yelling over the wind.

"I'm Jacob Holland, remember, who killed five of them beasts in the span of two days. And this is just another beast,"  he said setting his spear down and starting to untie Maisie's rope.

"There has to be another way!" she yelled.

"Afraid not, lass," he said.

"Well, c-can you kill it from the inside?" Maisie's question had him pausing slightly. A little to late as the beast sneezed sending Jacob and Lillianna flying out the nose. The spear left inside caught Maisie catching onto it making the two still joined by the rope swing round. Jacob got the blunt force of it skidding across the sand in a few painful positions. Lillianna however was suspended half way in the air clinging onto the rope for dear life. Jacob continued to swing grabbing onto the chest of the beast that he slammed into. Before he could stab it the best bucked its head swinging Jacob back into the air before its very eyes. As Jacob fell Lillianna rose the two of them reaching out only to miss each other. 

Jacob hit the sand with a painful thunk the knife piercing down.

"Jacob!" Lillianna yell had him opening his eyes just in time to move his head out of the way. The beast moved again swinging him to hit a tree that on the return he grabbed onto. The beast leaned forward Lillianna being gently lowered to the ground. Before her feet touched the ground the beast fin scooped her up and held her at eye level. Lillianna breathed heavily staring deeply into he beasts eyes. Holding tightly onto the fin the beast pulled on it freeing the spear and Maisie from its nostril.

Jacob reached for her as she swung by only to miss her hand falling in the process.

Maisie swung back her boots brushing the beasts mouth. As she swung back the beast lunged forward.

"Maisie!" Lillianna yelled in fear only for the beast to gently grab her boot to stop her from falling. Maisie in her fear tilted her head to the side only for the beast to copy her movements. As she tilted her head again the beast followed.

"No wait!" Maisie yelled drawing Lillianna eyes to the hunter who sung forward sword at the ready. Maisie freed her boot swinging back pulling Lillianna off the fin. Lilianna hit the tree before sliding down it finally resting on solid ground. Maisie landing softly on the same tree.

"Wait Jacob no!" Jacob who had failed yet again ran toward the spear sticking out of the sand. Lillianna barely had time to register that fact before he was dragging her across the sand. Then all Lillianna saw was a huge wave and then she was smacked right in the face with said wave.

Luckily Lillianna had two tethers to keep her from floating away. Jacob hugging a tree to her right and Maisie still in the tree on the left. 

"You could've killed me!" Maisie yelled in accusation as the wave died down.

"Wha... I could have killed you?" he asked in disbelief scaling down the tree Maisie doing the same before they started to walk towards each other.

"You got it backwards, lass. I had it dead to rights, and you bollocksed it up," he argued throwing the rope off him.

"Dead to rights? I must have been watching a different fight," Maisie said sassily.

"We wouldn't have been fighting at all if you and that prissy princess hadn't cut them lines," he argued.

"We cut them lines," Maisie argued back picking up his sword on the way.

"No, you too cut them lines," he argued back picking up her boot.

"You didn't stop us, did ya?" Maisie had a point, he wanted them lines cut just as much as they did.

"That's not the same thing," he said as they stopped before Lillianna.

"Isn't it?" Maisie asked holding out his sword.

"No, it isn't," he said holding out her boot. The two exchanged items  before turning to Lillianna. Well Lillianna and the large tuff of red curly hair that had appeared on her head. The last wave had freed her tightly clipped hair showing its natural form.

"Look, we already found a beast," Jacob said. Lillianna glared pushing the hair away from her face.

"You are a terrible hunter," she said simply.