Chapter 37 - First leg

The first leg of the voyage went well. Smooth seas and a strong wind. On one particular morning, Lillianna awoke later than usual. She had been sleeping in a bit more lately. Quickly getting dressed she walked out of the cabin to the bustling ship outside. Greeting the sailors she started her daily tasks.

"Nice of you to wake up!" Jacob called from the wheel.

"Nice of you to wake me!" Lillianna shot back.

"You know your lucky your married to the captain. If you weren't you'd be on cleaning duty," he joked. Even if he was that captain he was slack on punishment. You had to really screw up to be put on clean-up duty. 

"Why do you think I married him?" Lillianna joked earning a few chuckles form the crew. Heaving a bundle of ropes onto her shoulder she gave him a smirk before walking off. Later that day the wind died to nothing leaving the two ships bobbing in the waves unmoving. Throwing ropes over to Lias ship they tied them together so they didn't wander to far. 

"Why have we stopped?" Hornagold asked in irritation.

"We've lost the wind," Jacob said simply.

"Your the seafarer here captain, what should we do?" Lia asked Jacob from the other ship.

"Nothing we can do. Hopefully the wind comes back. If not were not far from our next stop. We can wait it out," Jacob said with a shrug.

"Can't we get them to row?" Hornagold asked.

"I mean you can try, but I don't think they'll be happy bout that," Jacob shugged with a grin. 

"So we wait?" Horngold asked.

"We wait," Jacob nodded. And they did. For two days they waited. By the third all the jobs had been done and everyone was lazing around bored. 

Lillianna wasn't to fused by it, she layed on the side of the ship sketch book in hand. 

"Mum I'm board!" Maisie grumbled flopping onto Lillianna's stomach.

"Hi boarded. Im dad," Jacob smiled at his own joke as he walked by giving Lillianna a kiss. maisie who had giving Jacob and are you for real look smiled at her parents show of affection. 

"I'm pretty sure you've got homework to do," Lillianna said gently brushing her hair as Maisie hummed in disagreement. Lillianna smiled down at her before looking around seeing the low moral of everyone. Then her eyes rested on the planks and idea popping into her head.

"Grab the planks, set em up!" Lillianna stood as she ordered. The other sailors quickly followed her orders having nothing better to do.

"What are you doing?" Lia asked from the other side.

"Oh you know, proving who's the best once and for all. What do you say general? How about a little friendly competition?" Lillianna asked with a cheeky grin the sailors from both sides getting interested.

"I don't know, are you sure you hunters are up to the challenge?" Lia asked giving one of her rare smiles.

"Oh were ready," Xiu the woman with the hook said with a wide smile.

"The question is are you lot?" Old Nick asked.

The planks were set up along the sides of the ships creating a fairly large platform between the two. They when the two first oppentes walked onto the stage bets started flying around and music started. The frights were a good source of entertainment, many laughs and a good atmosphere started to form. The sailors gave it there all the skills seeming to be even across the board. 

"Ohhhh!" A cheer was heard from the council ship as the general handed her hat off to someone along with her coat before stepping up sword in hand. 

"Shall we your majesty?" Lia asked everyone turning to Lillianna. 

"Come on mum," Maisie giggled excitedly. Shrugged Lillianna stood gabbing Jacob's belt and tugging his forward a bit.

"Kiss for good luck?" she asked. Jacob smiled leaning down to peek her lips.

"You know how to handle a sword?" he asked.

"Huh I suppose I've never held one in front of you before have I?' Lillianna hummed at the thought grabbing his sword and stepping back giving it a bit of a flourish. Nodded she rolled her shoulders before stepping up onto the platform. 

"Your not royal anymore. I won't hold back no more," Lia said with a small competitive smirk.

"Funny, I was holding back as well," Lillianna smirked tying her hair back. Bets were quickly passed around most opting in the favor of the general. Maisie smiled walking up to the betting table and sliding over a small pouch of her own savings.

"Ten on me mum," she stated proudly. 

The two prepared Lillianna placing one hand behind her back holding up the sword and bowing to her opponent who bowed back.

"Begin!" the bell rung and they were off. Their swords clashed together in a furry and quick succession that had some struggling to follow along. Lillianna movement's were graceful, precise and powerful. Yet so were the generals. They looked to be evenly matched. That was until until Lillianna's heal of her boot slipped into one of the cracks. With her balance thrown off she stumbled back, Lia seeing the opportunity knocked the sword out of her hand. Lillianna barely had time to see where it went before she had to doge another blow. Turning she rushed to the rigging Lia rushing after her. What she didn't expect was for Lillianna to not slow down. Instead she picked up her pace running up the riggings slightly before flipping backwards. Flying right over the general, tumbling in the air and landing feet first. Smirking she hooked her sword on her foot before hiking it up and catching it. Lia gave an impressed nod.

"COME ON LOVE!" Jacob yelled. 

"YEAH GO MUM!" Maisie yelled. With that encroachment Lillianna stepped forward her swings unrelenting, pushing Lia further and further back. Seeing an opening of her own she flourished her sword around Lia's turning it in her grip and forcing it from her hand. 

Before she could reach for it Lillianna had the tip at her throat. Holding her hands up she nodded in defeat the crew on both side cheering loudly. Putting the sword down Lillianna chuckled giving Lia a firm hand shake. 

"Glad your not rusty," she remarked.

"Wish I could same the same for you," Lillianna smirked.