Chapter 21 - The Winner

Lillianna had joined the captain and Jacob at the front of the ship as they entered the castle cove. Looking back she watched as the large iron gates closed, as they did her eyes closed as well the thrum of metal signifying that the door to her cage had been shut, and she was locked inside.

The King and Queen walked out to the balcony shocked to see the scene. The people who had gathered cheered loudly in celebration.

"Captain Crow. Well, it looks like we have our winner,"  The Queen announced a hint of nervousness in her throat she looked to Lillianna who only looked away.

"When I last visited Whiterock, you told me that the days of hunters were over. But the Imperator was no match for the beast," The captain spoke before giving Jacob a proud pat on the back. As he went he paused briefly when Lillianna stood in his way. 

"I beg you, please don't do this," Lillianna begged. 

"And what are you gonna do?" he asked.

"Ill stop you," she said defiantly. The captain chuckled reaching forward to place a hand on her shoulder. Her injured shoulder. Gripping it tightly he leaned in to whisper in her ear.

"You raise even one of your little dainty figures and I'll make sure that lass in the hold doesn't see the light of day again," Lillianna's glare was filled with poison.

"You sicken me," she hissed. He chuckled patting her shoulder again before walking past. 

"All of your wealth and power, all of this is nothing compared to a hunter's fury. And it's the Inevitable what will lead the way into the Dregmorr and beyond. Until the bones of every one of them beasts lies at the bottom of the sea!" Lillianna turned away. The sadness gripping her heart and lungs.

"Captain!" Lilliana snapped around at Jacobs voice. He was standing on the back of Red staring the captain down.

"Jacob, get back on the ship," The captain ordered halting his execution.

"I can't let you do it," Jacob said. 

"You dishonor me, boy," the captain said with a disappointed shake of his head. 

"As you dishonor all them hunters what come before. All them what died heroes," The captain said opening out his arm. 

"Aye, they were heroes. But you can be a hero and still be wrong," Jacob said.

"Now give me the lance," Jacob said holding his hand out.

"I thought of you as a son. But I don't know you," the captain said drawing his sword before letting out a cry as he attacked Jacob.

"I gave you everything! I gave you life!" The captain yelled slamming his sword down without mercy, Jacob was doing his best to deflect the blows. He didn't want to fight his father. With a kick the captain sent Jacob tumbling to the lower surface.

"Jacob!" Lillianna cried in worry going to rush forward but her guards held her back.

"You've laid down your lance and think it's made you strong? But you've turned your back on your own kind," Jacob recovered from the blow went wide eyed as the captain brought down his sword for the finishing blow.  Yet luckily Jacob had a small dagger pulling it free he defected the blow. The captain sliced jacobs arm before slamming his fist against his face sending the blonde hunter tumbling from the back of the beast into the water below completely unconscious.

"JACOB!" Lillianna yelled.Reffing her hands from her guards she ran along the side of the ship. Throwing herself of the side she dived down into the water. Seeing Jacob sinking she kicked with all her might hooking an arm under his before swimming back to the top. Bursting from the surface she took deep breath resting his head on her shoulder to keep it above water. Pulling him up to the side she shock him.

"Jacob," she yelled shaking him. Her eyes widened when Red reared up before falling down destroying the ship and a nearby building. She threw her body over Jacob's protecting him from the debris and dust.

"JACOB!" she yelled shaking him more desperately. Leaning down she held her ear close to his nose finding that he wasn't breathing. Pushing the hair from her face she started resustating him. Leaning down she placed her lips on his breathing into his lungs. 

"Come on you Blond lung!" she yelled desperately. Briefly glancing back at the chaos happening behind her. The cavaliers had taken position. 

"WAKE UP!" she yelled delivering a swift punch to his cheek. Jacob snapped awake from the pain.

"Thank the powers!" Lillianna exploded.

"What happened?" he asked coughing and sputtering. Lillianna didn't answer him, instead she smiled brightly grabbing the mans collar and pulling him in from a deep kiss. Jacob was surprised at first but quickly melted into it. 

"STOP!" The two broke the kiss looking over to see Maisie standing in-between Red and the captain.

"Hold that thought love," he said.