Chapter 29 - Love

Jacob had been set on bed rest much to his dismay. Yet Lillianna would constantly find him out and about  having to drag him by the belt back to bed. 

One night Lillianna was sitting in there bed reading a book. Every now and then she would glance up at Jacob who stood by a mirror struggling to put shaving cream on his face.

"So are you gonna struggle the whole night or are you gonna ask for help?" Lillianna asked. 

"I am very capable of shaving my own face thankyou," he said moving his arm only to hiss in pain. Lillianna shock her head getting up and grabbing the hook on the back of his belt pulling him over to the captain chair and pushing him down. Taking the blade from his hand she took the towel and wiped it clean. She quickly got to work gently shaving his face. Lillianna didn't pay much mind when she propped her knee between Jacobs legs to better access his face. That was until he reached up his hand resting on her thing his thumb gently rubbing it.

"Stop it, your distracting me," she whispered blushing. 

"So what was Maisies punishment?" Jacob asked.

"Just a few more chores, nothing to serious," Lillianna said.

"She's right though. I shouldn't have walked close to the target," he said.

"Oh I know. Thats why your punishment was bed rest," Lillianna said.

"Wait so I don't actually have to stay in bed?" he asked.

"Not medically, but yes you still have to," Lillianna nodded. 

"And if I don't?" He asked.

"Why not try it and find out?" Lillianna didn't even look in his eyes at that remark but she could tell she had won when he went silent. It was silent as Lillianna began to hum. Jacob stared at Lillianna as she worked with nothing but love and adoration for her. There wasn't anything big that produced the thought that smashed into his soul. No big hurrah that made him realize it. 

Its was just her. The feeling of her hands on his face. The peace he felt with being so closed to her. He just felt whole, complete.

"I love you," he said simply. Lillianna locked eyes with his seeing nothing but truth in them. 

"What?" she asked wondering if she had heard him right.

"I love you Lillianna. With my whole being," he said softly. She was silent for quiet some time processing his words. 

"Loves a scary thing, the feeling of falling terrifies me. After all when you fall you eventually hit the ground," Lillianna wasn't sure what she was rambling about. Maybe it was the slight fear of loving someone that wormed its way into her mind. 

"Not if I catch you," he said reaching up to hold her hand. 

"You can't catch me if we're falling together," she said. Jacob smiled. That was her way of saying she loved just the same.

"Love, I started falling long before you did," he said. 

"I'm heavy. I won't be easy to catch," she said.

"I'll catch you love. I promise," he whispered. Lillianna smiled. 

"God, I can't believe I fell in love with a hunter," Lillianna shook her head before leaning down to kiss him. This kiss was different. It was more hungry. From his seated position Jacob used his good arm to hook it under Lillainna's bum hiking her up to his waist as he stood. Hooking her legs around him she snaked her arms around his neck into his hair sending shivers down his spine. Without any effort he walked over to the bed gently setting her down crawling above her placing his knee between her legs just like she had done. Lillianna let out a shaky breath at the sensation opening her mouth just enough for Jacob to deepen the kiss. With one hand propping him up his other reached under her shirt, trailing up her waist, his thumb brushing the bottom of her breast. Shuddering at the feeling she pulled Jacob closer. Jacob shifted his weight onto his other arm failing to remember that it was injured. So with a painful grunt his arm gave way and he flopped down onto Lillianna. 

"Offf," she let out a breath the trance fading.

"Well that wasn't embarrassing," Jacob muttered unmoving his ears going bright pink. Lillianna laughed running her hands through his hair and kissing the top of his head.

"We have forever together. We don't have to rush anything," Lillianna said sweetly.

"Bloody arrow," he grumbled rolling off her both of them trying to calm their excitement. A soft knock at the door came with a soft voice.

"Mum, Dad," Maisie called from the other side of the door. 

"Come in love," Lillianna called. Maisie hesitantly opened the door with a guilty look toward;s Jacob, Blue in hand. 

"I just wanted to make sure you were alright," she whispered. Jacob smiled softly gesturing for her to come over. Lillianna moved opening the blanket between them for Maisie to crawl into. Lillianna scratched Blues head before tucking Maisie in.

"I'm alright lass. Really, it'al heal up in no time," he said.

"Does it hurt?" she asked.

"It stings but it's nothing I can't handle," he said.

"You sure?" she asked.

"It's alright, idiots have a natural potency against pain. Why do you think they do all those stupid things time and time again?" Lillianna asked earning a small chuckle from her. 

"I promise I'm fine lass," Jacob said giving her a hug. 

"Come on you to it's late, better get to bed," Lillianna said laying down and pulling the covers up Maisie. 

"Can ya sign that song again. The one about the selkie," Maisie asked.

"Of course love," Lillianna said before letting the song leave her lips. Maisie was quickly lulled to sleep by the soft lullaby and Lillianna's fingers as it ran through her hair. Lillianna fell to sleep shortly after. Jacob pulled the two close to him his arms providing a protective casing for them both. If he hadn't vowed before he did in that moment. 

He vowed that he would forever protect those two women in his arms. He vowed that no harm would come to them. 

"I love you," he whispered leaning over slightly to kiss Lillianna's temple.

"I love you too," Lillianna said reaching over to grasp his hand.