Chapter 30 - Is that a Yes?

Jacob knew for quite a bit of time that he wanted to marry Lillianna. He had even planned a beautiful proposal. So Lillianna was lead onto the deck by Maisie who had tied a blindfold over her eyes. 

"What's going on. Come on what is it?" Lillianna asked. 

"Hold on," Maisie said leading her to the perfect spot. Reaching up she took her blindfold off. Lillianna smiled at what she saw. Lanternes covered the deck a picnic blanket with a few cushions and Jacob standing there with two cups and a bottle of wine. 

"I'll leave you to it," Maisie giggled before running off.

"What's all this?" Lillianna asked walking up to Jacob.

"Well we've been busy lately so i thought we could use a break," he said simply. 

The two talked for some time simply chatting, eating and laughing. 

"Now this," Jacob said holding up the fancy wine. "This is all the way from Galdova. Bottled ten years ago," he said.

"Ohh fancy," Lillianna hummed. He tried to get the cork out only for it not to budge. Chuckling nervously he tried again and again. At one point he tried with the bottle pointing towards him. Before Lillianna could warn him the cork shoot off hitting him dead in the eye. 

"BOLLUCKS!" he cried out holding his eye the wine dropping from his hand smashing on the floor. 

"Are you ok?" Lillianna asked in worry reaching forward.

"Im fine," he said going to stand only for him to trip on the pillow and fall down onto the glass. 

"Fuck!" he yelled holding his hand up that was covered in glass shards. As he stood he tripped yet again, Lillianna reached out  hoping to steading his fall only to step onto the glass, luckily she had boots, unluckily the glass made a smooth surface, a smooth surface that she slipped on. The two went tumbling off the side of the ship before they could realize what had happened. 

Lillianna tried to hide her smile as she walked into the surgery where Jacob was yet again being tended to, a bruise already forming around his eye. 

"Its not funny," he grumbled.

"It is a little," Lillianna said.

"Its very funny," Maisie pipped in with a knowing smile towards Jacob. 

"Fine maybe it's a little funny," he said unable to keep a smile from the two of them. 

"Well even if it did go a tad wrong, it was a very sweet night. Thankyou," Lillianna said walking up to him putting a towel over his head and giving him a sweet kiss. 

"Just a tad?" Maisie asked.

"Why are you still up? It's well past your bedtime," Lillianna said using a towel to dry of her own hair.

"Um, dad said I could," Maisie said. 

"And why would you tell her she could stay up?" Lillianna asked propping an eyebrow. 

"Because I said so, and I'm the captain," Jacob argument had the doctor pausing. It had becoming a running joke on the ship that the real captain was Lillianna. And while that wasn't true everyone knew who had the true power in there relationship. 

"Well if we're using that logic then as former queen and highest ranking council member I say she has to go to bed. Now please," Lillianna said with a challenging smile before gesturing for Maisie to follow her. 

"It's alright, I can take myself to bed," Maisie said giving jacob a smile before running off. As the doc finished bandaging off his hand he stood clearing his throat as his hand reached into his pocket grabbing onto the small metal band.

"Lillianna," he took a deep breath before starting. 

"Oh my god, she's mad at me," Lillianna said turning to him with a distraught face.

"What?" Jacob asked.

"She doesn't want me to put her to bed. I always put her to bed. Oh gosh what did I do?" Lillianna asked.

"Love, look," Jacob reached for her only for her to start to pace.

"That's why she's been avoiding me lately. God how could I be so stupid. Could it be because I punished her. No she was fine after that. Could it be because I forgot to make her eggs sunny side up, Of course it is," Lillianna threw her hands up knocking Jacobs arm over so slightly sending the ring flying through the air. Jacob reached for it trying to grab it three times as it bounce rolled and hit the floor all around. Yet Lillianna didn't notice. Finally he caught the ring letting out a relieved sigh before turning back to Lillianna. His nerves were getting the better of him. His perfect proposal had been thrown out the window replaced with a wet mess. 

So he simply dropped to one knee and grabbed her hand stopping her pacing. 

"Wha?" Lillianna turned to him only to go wide eyes at what she saw. 

"I had a whole night planned. We were gonna drink the wine. Then we were gonna dance. Then I was gonna set some fire works off and then I was gonna recite a speech that I have practice a hundred times over. A speech that my nerve have throw out the window. I can barely remember it so right now I'm flying by the seat of my pants," Jacob explained basfully. Taking a deep breath he held up the ring. A simple gold band.

"Lillianna Mary Talvola Seabreak the third. You are the most outstanding woman I have ever meet. Your strong, kind and I love everything about you. How your toes curl up when you wake. I love how you have one strand of hair that always seems to escape. I love how when you hold my hand you give it a little squeeze. I love that when I ask what your doing you always give me an in depth explanation before showing me. I love how the setting sun lights up your hair like fire. I love the wrinkles that form on the corner of your eyes whenever you smile. I love how you force me to eat broccoli," he chuckled.

"But most of all I love that when I hold you in my arms I have no doubt that you are the only woman for me. The only woman I want to wake up to every morning. The only woman I want to share my hopes and worries with. I know I'm meant for you. So how about it. Will ya be me wife?" He asked holding the ring slightly more up. Seeing her shocked expression he quickly added. "Now I know I'm not a prince or an admiral," his words were cut off my Lillianna letting out a sob before nodding.

"I don't care what you are. I love you, and i could think of nothing would bring me greater joy than marrying you," she said chuckling crying happy tears, Jacob let out a breath of relief before smiling widely. slipping the ring onto her ring figure he stood pulling her into a kiss. Pulling back Lillianna giggled whipping her tears away. 

"So it's a yes?" he asked.

"Yes, yes a thousand times yes!" Lillianna nodded. 

"She said yes!" Maisies yell had the crew spilling below deck all cheering and congratulating the two. Maisie herself walked up to the two with a smile.

"See, I told you she would say yes," she said simply.