Chapter 38 - Duel

Lia hoped back down leaving Lillianna standing. Turning around she held her sword up as the crew cheered again. Catching Jacobs awed smile she smirked slowly lowering the sword till it pointed at him. The crew 'ohhh' at the challenge.

"You sure you want to do that love?" He asked.

"It's alright Captain. I know your sword skills are lacking compared to your spear. But then again your pretty poor at that too aren't you?" Lillianna shrugged tauntingly. With a chuckle he took his jacket off and grabbed another sword. Time had only made him more muscular, more defined.

"No hard feelings right?" Lillianna called across the ring.

"No Love, none," he said with his own smirk. 

"Begin!" Sharp yelled. Instead of rushing into battle they both circled each other, both at the ready. Then it started like the fist clap of thunder in a storm. They rushed at each other there swords clasping loudly and quickly. Nether of them finding a good enough opening. At one point there swords clashed against each other both of them pushing with all there might as they were locked there.

"You know, you can still give up," Lillianna said.

"Never," he said back his head moving forward to peck her nose. A blush dusted her cheeks as she grabbed his arm hooking her leg behind his and pushing him to the ground. Landing on top of him she raised her sword only to roll to the side narrowly missing a swing from him. They both jumped to there feet wearing excited smiles. Swirling her sword she lunged again seeing an opening she ducked under his legs in a split before getting up hooking her sword on his hat taking it off. Turning round Jacob smiled at Lillianna as she placed the hat atop her head. 

Sweeping out her leg he jumped. Their eyes locked for a moment as time seemed to slow. Lillianna had to say she was impressed. After seeing his battle with Crow he expected him to be sloppy with a sword. And Jacob, he was amazing at his wife. But then again when was he not. 

"Guh!" he let out an involuntary grunt of pain as she shoulder barged him tackling him to the ground. Getting ready to hold her sword to his neck she was caught of guard as his own hooked on hers yanking it up and successfully disarming her. Using her lost balance he flipped them over holding the sword to her neck. There was a few moments of silence as they breathed heavily.

"I win," he said with a smirk.

"Do you?" She questioned pressing the knife she held to his ribs slightly closer making him look down at it.

"IT'S A TIE!" Sharp declared. Jacob huffed with a wide smile.

"Impressive," he said.

"Right back at ya," Lillianna said. A startled sound left her lips as he kissed her unable to hold himself back any more. Distracted by the kiss she let the knife drop ever so slightly. Before she could do anything the knife was ripped from her hand and Jacob pulled back with a smug smirk.

"Oh that was dirty," she whispered lowly.

"Correction. The captain WINS!" Sharp yelled. Dropping her head back she sighed in defeat. Standing Jacob pumped his fists into the air bathing in the glory for a short while before offering his hand to her. Taking it he pulled her up right into his chest moving his hand to hug her waist.

"You my love are in the arms of a winner. How does that feel?" he asked huskily.

"Like betrayal," Lillianna said jokingly causing him to laugh. When the games were over the sun started to set. Jacob stood with Maisie showing her the basic moves of sword fighting. The crews were mingling having brought out a few barrels of ale and music wafted over the open sea. Lillianna smiled warmly before walking down below deck.

"Oh Lilly where do you want these books?" Mrs Marino asked.

"Oh I'll take em up to my room," Lillianna was about to grab the small creat when the doc called out to her.

"Lilly, I've got some time for you know," he said.

"Go on. I'll take em up once I'm done checking the riggings," Miss Marino said taking the box back and walking up to the top deck. Lillianna smiled walking into the doctors little area. 

"Your skills with a sword are impressive," the doc said as he examined the stitched wound on her arm.

"I had a lot of free time back at the palace," Lillianna shrugged.

"These stiches' are good to come out now," he said grabbing a few items.

"So how many scrapes today?" Lillianna asked referring to the duels.

"A fair few. Did expect you to be the one to suggest such dangerous entertainment," he remarked as he began to undo the stiches. 

"What can I say, the crews starting to rub off on me," Lillianna smile had the Doc smiling a rare one of his own. 

"I'm surprised I didn't see you out there with the marksmanship competition," Lillianna said.

"My markmen days are long behind me. I much rather prefer healing wounds than creating them," he said simply. The doc had one day let slip of his military past, something Lillianna wasn't even sure Jacob knew.

"Still would have been nice. The other ship won by the way," Lillianna said.

"Truly a pity," he said sarcastically. 

"Come on now doc. Were supposed to be a team," Lillianna said jokingly.

"I do more than my part fixing you up after you do stupid things. Thank you very much," he said. They chatted a bit more till he had pulled all the stiches' out.

"How does it feel?" he asked. Lillianna moved it about.

"Skin feels a bit tight but other than that fine," Lillianna said.

"Good, now get out of here. I'm hungry," he said.

"Actually doc there something else I wanted to talk to you about," Lillianna rushed the words out before she lost them. Waving to the small chair the doc sat down on his own. Lillianna took a deep breath.

"I think I might be pregnant," she said simply.