one - I Dedicate This Song To You

// t r o y e //

We were at it again. It was 2am and I was on Skype to Connor, who was a mess. Pictures had been put on Twitter of Tyler with others guys, absolutely wasted. Connor called his boyfriend to see what was going on, fearing the worst, and Tyler must have accepted accidentally because the sounds of a very heated make out session, from Tyler and some random guy he probably met 5 minutes ago, filled the speakers.

I had lost count of how many times Tyler had done something like this to Connor, let alone other guys. But no matter how late it was, no matter what I was doing, I was always there.

Every time I tell him to just leave Tyler. He doesn't deserve Connor. Connor deserves so much better. I'm pretty sure it's his first relationship since coming out and they only got together about a month after his announcement.

Tyler had destroyed him.

"Troye? Are you still there?" Connor asked, his voice cracking. He must have been crying while I was stuck in thought.

"Shhh, don't worry Con, I'm always here" I replied softly. His eyes fluttered shut as he got comfy. It usually ends like this, me watching him drift into dream land. It's not stalking, it's just... Watching from afar. The truth is I am madly in love with Connor; I find him the most interesting yet mysterious person I've ever met. To be honest, he the reason why I came out last year, he sealed the deal. The day he came out was probably the best day of my life but then Tyler made his move and I lost my chance. I just had to be there for him and push my feelings away.

It had been awhile since he had closed his eyes, so I was pretty sure that he was asleep. Since I was home alone, I spun my chair around to sit at my keyboard. Not too long before, I had discovered the band 5SOS and I fell in love with one of their songs. It basically described my whole situation.

'I dedicate this song to you, the one who never sees the truth.
That I can take away the hurt, Heartbreak Boy.
I'll hold you tight straight through the daylight.
I'm right here, when you gonna realise?
That I'm your cure, Heartbreak Boy'

"Troye that was amazing!" Connor said, sleepily. My cheeks burnt like hell. He wasn't supposed to hear that. He's wasn't supposed to know. I wasn't ready. I spun around, the shock obvious in my expression, and that's when I made my mistake. I ended the call to my Heartbreak Boy.