twenty five - The Bay

Now that they were back in LA, Kayla had spent the day at daycare, a usual occurrence for her. Her two fathers were busy doing their separate jobs. Although doing completely different things - one with countless hours in the studio, the other in the office - both men were desperate to reunite their small family, later that evening.

Connor, being at the top of his game, made the decision to leave the offices early to put his plan into action. Picking up Kayla on the way, he drove home, ready to explain what she needed to do. Troye was due home shortly after, meaning the pairs' stay at home was brisk. They got everything, including themselves, ready and had left their house within the hour.

'Are you ready Kay?' Connor asked his little girl who sat beside him. Nodding her head, which shook her pale blue flower crown, Kayla held up the tiny black box her father had given her. She tucked it away in her pocket then took hold of Connor's free hand, sensing his nerves.

Troye locked the front door behind him before making his way to the kitchen to prepare a snack. He chose a packet of mac and cheese from the cupboard and turned to grab a bowl. Upon doing this, he noticed a piece of paper with a note written on one side. He picked it up to read, eyes widening in confusion.

Come to the Bay at 7.
- Con xox

Troye noted the time and saw that he had just over and hour to get ready and show up at the restaurant, which he knew was quite prestigious. It was exactly like the name said. A balcony that looked over a beautiful bay had a few tables and chairs, as well as the whole of the inside.

'Stay down or I won't hesitate to get scissors and cut you off!' Troye yelled at his hair. You would think that wearing it down and curly would have minimum effort involved however, after Troye had sprayed sea salt spray to tame his mess, one curl was insisting on separating itself from the rest. He slammed his fists on the counter, tired of trying to fix his hair. Troye wanted to look perfect for the spontaneous surprise Connor was throwing. Giving up, he moved to the closet to start the torturous process of finding an outfit. Shirts were flying everywhere as he dug through. Troye had found a pair of pants but couldn't decide whether to wear a sweater or jacket. Taking to twitter, Troye posted pictures of both choicest, ready to let the fans decide. After all, they had impeccable fashion sense.

He sat for a while, contemplating why Connor would take him out at such a random time, without letting him know prior to the evening. Usually, Connor became excited about any date and he would babble on about how perfect it was going to be. Keeping it a secret would have been hard. Again, Troye looked at the time; he had 25 minutes to be there. He jumped up, hastily making his outfit choice.

Parking his car outside of the fancy restaurant, Troye took one last look at his appearance in the mirror. On entering the establishment, he was greeted by a suit clad waiter. Troye's only instructions were to meet Connor there and, as he was no where to be seen, Troye was unsure of what to do.

'I'm supposed to be meeting someone here. Franta? Connor Franta?' The waiter's eyes lit up.

'Ah, Mr Sivan, I assume?' Troye nodded in reply. The waiter picked up a couple of menus and swiftly led Troye through the tables dotted around. Troye's eyes darted around to try and spot Connor but he wasn't there. The waiter carried on through a small archway to reveal a round table with two places set. He pulled out one of the chairs for Troye to sit down then, before Troye could question Connor's whereabouts, he hurried back through the arch. Still unsure of what to do, Troye sat down on the chair left out for him.

His attention was drawn to the big window that covered the entire wall to his right. The view settled perfectly on a rusting bench in the middle of a grassy park. A grey haired woman dressed in a pastel knitted cardigan daintily rested on the bench. She had a bag of what seemed to be stale bread. For some reason, Troye intently watched her break up the bread and toss it to the pigeons that settled on the grass. He began to wonder what it would be like to be a pigeon; scavenging for food with millions of other pigeons almost identical to you; flying wherever you wished and setting up a home that could be destroyed in a couple of days.

His thoughts were sharply interrupted by a quiet cough. Troye's head spun around and he was greeted by a smartly dressed Connor, who stood by the empty chair.

'Aren't you going to sit down?' Troye asked, confused as to why Connor was still standing.

'No, actually.' He came closer to Troye and took his hands in his own.