sixteen - A Dream

// c o n n o r //

After Troye sang those lyrics on that eventful night it had found a solid place in my heart. It was my most played, go-to song whenever I needed a pick me up. I was obsessed. Obsessed enough to learn it on piano. I did it for Troye. It only took me a week to gain utter perfection and, after, I planned on playing it to him as a surprise. Every night, I was on that piano, playing until my fingers were about to drop off. I needed it perfect.

Troye lay there like a newborn baby, all curled up with his hair laying flat on his head.

'Troye?' I called softly, however there was no reply. I took a deep breath and made my way over to the piano, my legs shaking. My hands effortlessly glided over the contrasting keys; the tune flowed into the air. In my head, I sang along because no one wants to hear me actually sing.

The next morning, Troye spilled all about his "dream", although in actual fact it wasn't. I considered telling him, the idea rolling about my mind. He didn't notice my agitation and we ended up in a deep kiss. While he was distracted by this, I broke away.

'I wasn't a dream' I breathed, making no big deal out of it, then resumed what I interrupted. Troye seemed shocked, to say the least. He was nagging at me to play it for me but I was adamant on saying no.

'Come on, Con, you played it so well. Please, please, please with a cherry on top?' He studied my reaction, with his ocean blue eyes, looking for any signs of cracking.

'Nope, nope, nope.' I tried to tell him without cracking a smile, but his gaze bore into my soul and the cuteness of the boy stood nearly made me cave.

Troye ended up going home, only because his family wanted him back, leaving me to browse the Internet. Let's face it, I didn't have anything better to do. Checking all of my statistics, I realised that they were soaring. I smiled to myself and warm, fuzzy feelings of appreciation set in. I decided to upload the video Troye and I filmed the day before. Leaving it to process, I went and made myself dinner. By 'made myself dinner' I meant I heated a six year old's dinner in the oven which consisted of chicken nuggets and baked beans because my culinary skills were impeccable. Sort of. I couldn't help but think of Troye so I snap chatted him a picture of my meal. Instantly, he replied with 'My favourite! How did you know? ;)' He was so precious.

[A/N] Tysm for 1.5k reads and 200 votes! That's insane! And the comments some of you leave are adorable <3