fourteen - No Good

// c o n n o r //

Troye took in a deep breath and began to explain.

'I wasn't texting someone behind your back. Well, I was, but not in the way you probably think. It was Tyler. Tyler was trying to get me to break up with you. He wouldn't leave me alone. I'm so sorry that you misunderstood. And that mystery voice lesson was because I went to go and meet him. Tyler said he would leave me alone if I went to see him. Don't worry, I still refused to hurt you... He.... be.. up.' Troye's voice lowered to a whisper so I couldn't quite hear what he said last.

'Speak up Tro...' I told him, the concern in my voice showing.

'He... Umm, kinda hit me.' Troye looked up at me but then quickly looked back down. I took a step closer to the terrified boy stood in front of me.

'I know it doesn't seem like he hurt me but it does help if you have a sister that owns makeup. I am so so sorry, Connor, I messed up and didn't want you to find out. Now I know that made it worse. Con, I love you, will you forgive me?' He asked, his shoulders drooping.

I was so ashamed of myself. I couldn't believe that I actually thought Troye was doing that. Scars were etched into my arm for nothing. Seriously, why would I think he was capable of doing something like that. It's Troye, he wouldn't hurt a fly.

The way he looked at me confirmed his genuine concern for my reaction. His usually glowing eyes were still as big as ever but they were painfully dull in colour. I broke into a smile and his whole body went from tense to relaxed in a matter of moments.

'You're no good for me, Troye Sivan. You're just too darn irresistible.' I told him, still grinning ear to ear. It was all finally working out; we were all good.

Later that day, Troye was hanging out at my apartment and he was on my laptop. When I looked up, he was on Twitter but without me realising he had found his way onto YouTube, watching funny cat videos. I chuckled to myself at his childish humour. Then I remembered that it was logged into my YouTube account, the account with my video on. Somehow my hands were clenched together and my whole body tensed. 'Please don't find it.' I repeated over and over in me head. He didn't notice me watching him as his back was to me so I carried on monitoring him as he navigated the site that was probably fairly new to him.

It seemed as if time went in slow motion and the one button caught Troye's attention. The cursor hovered over the 'My Channel' button almost as if he was contemplating whether to click it or not. Oh no. The page buffered on the page that I wished he wouldn't see and he looked back at me, dead in the eye.

'Were you staring at me? He accused with a raised eyebrow.

'Yeah,' I replied, 'have you got a problem with that?'

'Not at all.' Troye answered, winked cheekily. When he winks at me I die a little inside, it's adorable. I went and sat behind him as my channel loaded. The video came up with my face on the thumbnail.

'What's this?' Troye asked while clicking on the video. He didn't seem like he was planning on moving on anytime soon.

'Erm, it's nothing. Just a little thing I did when I was bored to, you know, take my mind off of things.' I replied, failing to hide my embarrassment.