six - Messages.

[A/N] The picture above is the picture used in the cover of this story😊

// c o n n o r //

Friday rolled around and Troye darted out of school to my car like a little munchkin, as he would say. I could tell how excited he was to get to my apartment and be away from all the petty drama. The relief in his eyes when we left the school grounds told it all.

"Can't we hurry up and graduate already? I don't need to be in a classroom, I need to be in a recording studio living my dreams!" I chuckled at his remark and nodded, agreeing with him. Although, I didn't exactly know what I wanted to be doing.

Our night was all planned out. Coffee, cuddles and crappy movies. What more could I ask for?

It was harder than it seemed, trying to drive while not getting distracted by the curly haired, blue eyed boy sitting next to me.

"I'm so thankful to have you in my life, Tro" I spontaneously blurted out. He looked up at me, with a loose curl falling between his eyes.

"I know" he smirked.

"Not even gonna say it back hmm?" I shot a hurt look his way.

"I'm not going to lie, am I? He told me. Obviously, he couldn't keep up the joke any longer because he followed it up with "Only joking, you're what gets me through the day, you and music." I took this as a major compliment since all Troye does is either write, play or listen to music. That's his career goal and I would bet my life savings that it'll happen. His voice is something else, the way it pulls you in, the way his eyes crinkle when he hits a high note, the way everything else disappears and it's just him and the music. I cherish the moments when I'm playing piano and he's singing along, his talent needs to be shared with the world.

When we reached my apartment Troye and I headed to my room to chill out. His phone went off and he looked down at it. A slight gasp escaped his lips which he tried to cover. Picking up a pair of sweats and a t-shirt, he headed out of the room.

"I'm going to go and get changed, okay?"

"Why can't you get changed here?" I pleaded. The way his cheeks flushed red made me instantly regret saying it. I knew the answer but I still took it to far. Before I could apologise he had left the room. My heart sank at the fact that he wasn't comfortable changing in front of me . It's just me, I'm not going to judge him. I love every single inch of Troye.

Even during all of these thought, I still hadn't forgotten about one thing. Why did Troye react the way that he did when he got that message?