thirty one - More Than Just Words

Even though his clothing line had flourished, Connor still enjoyed to make little weekly videos, whether they were artsy or off the top of his head. That week, he wanted to announce the engagement to the world, while not making a huge ordeal out of it. Both him and Troye agreed that the worst way for people to find out would be for the tabloids to slather their story all over the front covers. He could imagine some sleazy paparazzi following them around in LA to take a sneaky shot of their rings and he cringed at the thought.

This wasn't just a normal couple announcing an engagement. No, it was Troye Sivan and Connor Franta. They had their own way of doing things, Troye's a little more cruel than most.

After much deliberation between them, Connor had drafted a video idea that wasn't screaming "we're engaged" but it subtly got the point across. The message wasn't entirely about Troye, although, in a few parts, his lips said "you" but his eyes meant "Troye."

| | |

Black faded into colour, revealing a breathtaking sunset. Artsy angles had always been Connor's forte. Unintelligible overlays crackled in the headphones, creating a warm vibe. Twenty seconds of beauty set the atmosphere before Connor began to spill his thoughts.

  Words are so, so crazy to me.
  They can be powerful,
  Hurtful, lasting, meaningful,
  And even meaningless.
  They're truly chameleons,
  And I really enjoy the fluidity.

Right from the first sentence, the thought that Connor probably shared with many had reeled them in. The hook had done it's job and one more pair of eyes were watching the art unfold; one more pair of ears were listening to Connor's open minded view.

  I like how things can be said in many different ways,
  Like: hi, hey, hello, what's up?
  How's it going? How are you?
  I like your shirt, you have a good smile,
  You look great today, you mean a lot to me,
  You're my favourite person in the world,

  I love you.

The subtlety may have not shifted some people's focus from the creative shots Connor had edited in, however some knew exactly who he meant.

  You see what I mean? Their practice is infinite.
  But to me, what is equally as insane is,
  The application of silence,
  The lack of words.
  There are times when and places where,
  And even people who,
  Silence is perfect with.
  It's comfortable, it's calming,
  And almost better than a conversation.

For most people, images of that one special person would pop up in their mind. Images of that one person where, when with them, silence is golden. All you need is their presence to realise how lucky you are to be in their life. For Connor, this was, once again, Troye.

  No words are needed in the moment,
  The moment is all you need,
  And that's beautiful.

Two minutes into the captivating video, the camera had been placed on the end of a wall. The frame showed the clouds, skies, sea, Connor, but most importantly, the ring that sat on the wall dead central to the camera. Connor was looking out to the calm sea, then he stepped in from the right, curls swaying in the wind. He took the ring and slid it onto his finger, where it was to remain for eternity. His strong arms wrapped around Connor from behind as he rested his chin on Connor's shoulder. Connor turned to give him a brief kiss before walking closer to the camera, hand extended to cover the lens.

Troye pulled out the white earphones when Connor's voice stopped and was replaced with the all too familiar end card tune. He looked up at Connor, who was hovering beside him, anxiously waiting for Troye's reaction.

'It's beautiful,' He stood up, taking Connor's hands in his own and pulling him close, 'Just like you' he whispered in Connor's ear.

Tears filled Connor's eyes; he was truly overwhelmed by how lucky he was. He had the guy of his dreams, millions of people supporting him at the click of a button, a world famous business, the sweetest daughter. Connor found himself questioning what he had done to deserve it one too many times.

'Since Kayla's asleep and it's not too late, I was thinking movie night.' Connor smirked while Troye's eyes lit up.

'Can I choose?' He pleaded. Connor nodded, heading into the kitchen to find snacks. Not knowing what Troye was in the mood for, he piled a bunch of different things onto a tray. By the time he had chosen a selection, Troye had gathered blankets and a movie was ready to play. He set the tray down on the coffee table, and joined Troye, who was wrapped up in a fuzzy blanket cocoon.

'Room for two?'