Shot 17

Two weeks Later.

Anjali and Shyam sat down shocked looking at the person in front of them.

It was none other than Arvind Malik but he was in a wheelchair looking at them with tears in his eyes.

"I am so sorry for hiding the truth from you Anju but I hope you understand why I had to hide the truth of his existence and why I helped him fake his death. " Dadi cried out and Anjali stood up to leave but Dadi blocked her and held her hand. "Your father is innocent Anju and you have to believe me, that woman was Anant's lover and not Arvind...... Your father tried to tell your mother the truth but she won't believe him..... It was all Anant who used Arvind's name to have affairs with multiple women and before your father could prove his innocence, Ratna killed herself and he was scared of what society might do to him and how you and Arnav will hate him that's why we had to fake his death until we found out the truth but unfortunately we couldn't find that woman and your father has been in hiding since....... He is in this condition because he tried to help you and Arnav. "

Anjali looked at her father in shock and back to Dadi.

"Anant found out he was alive and he wanted to use that to extort money from Arnav when he had confronted him but Arvind punched him and a fight ensued which led to Anant overpowering him and he is now paralyzed...... Before he was completely paralyzed, he begged me not to report Anant because of his love for him..... Please help him Anju..... Please help me. " Dadi begged in tears.

Anjali cupped Dadi's face and wiped her tears.

She turned and walked to Arvind who looked at her with tears streaming down his cheeks and she hugged him.

"I love you so much Papa..... I knew you were innocent even though the world painted you the culprit." Anjali pulled out of the hug and wiped her tears with a smile on her face. "We are going to be one family under one roof again and I will make sure chote sees the truth...... Stop crying Papa. "

Anjali wiped Arvind's tears and asked for the bathroom to ease herself leaving Shyam, Dadi and Arvind alone.

Shyam moved closer to Dadi who frown seeing the smirk on his face.

"You are the most manipulative person I have ever met and now I know where Anjali gets a acting skills from. " Shyam whispered and Dadi was about to retort but he pulled her into a hug and whispered in her ears. "I know all this is nothing but a lie, a well scripted lie but I am not gullible like you granddaughter to believe you and I know you are doing this for the wealth of Arnav which I am also after so I suggest we become partners or else I won't hesitate to expose you in front of Anjali and Arnav and I will become the hero in their eyes. "

Shyam broke the hug and smiled at Dadi who had a scowl on her face and so did Arvind.

"Deal." Dadi agreed and they shook hands.

Both stepped away from each other hearing the sound of Anjali's footsteps.

Anjali arrived and kneeled in front of Arvind caressing his cheeks.

"My house is not that big for all of us and the only place safe for Papa and all of us is at RM. " Anjali said with a determined look on her face and Shyam smirked looking at Dadi who glared at him.

Nandini's Cafe.

Akash sat at the reserve area waiting for Payal.

It's been ten days since he and Payal signed the divorce papers and two days since he gathered the courage to ask Payal out and he was happy when she agreed to met him.