Mario the Supreme leader 2

Sitting atop her throne, Princess Peach was busy sorting through some paperwork, rifling through as she read page after page.

"Fucking hell, how the hell did we screw up the economy this badly?" she asked her advisor, Toadsworth, who was standing beside her.

"Not sure. Maybe it's because our kingdom hasn't been able to produce anything of value lately," he suggested.

"It really is a mystery..."

Suddenly, the door suddenly flew open as a large group of Toads black ski masks burst in, letting out battle cries as they raised their weapons. The two guards nearby tried to intervene, but were quickly shot down before they had the chance. Now surrounded, the Toads pointed their weapons at the two.

"What the?!" exclaimed Princess Peach.

"What is the meaning of this?!" Toadsworth barked, demanding an answer.

"This is a coup! Do not resist!" one shouted in his shrill voice.

The cuffed the two, before swiping Peach's crown and leading them both out of the room.

"Hey! Are you crazy?! Who's gonna even run the country while I'm gone-"

Just then, another group of Toads rushed in, tossing Mario on the throne as they put the crown on top of his head.

"MARIO?!" she gasped.

"I have no idea what is happening, they just marched up to my house and brought me back'a here!" he explained.

"All hail the supreme leader!" the insurgents shouted, as they led Peach and Toadsworth out of the room.

"Wha?"

"All this time, we have remained loyal to you, supreme leader. Lead this land to greatness again!"

Mario's face turned into a shit-eating grin as he smiled, before cackling evilly.

"Finally, now I can use tax money to pay for-"

"Wait!" the head Toad, who was clad completely in black and with yellow dots on his head, interjected.

Mario stopped, turning to him.

"What is it?"

"First we need to address some important issues. Now as supreme leader, we need everyone to recognize you as supreme ruler," he explained.

"Dafuq? Who needs to tell me if I can or can't be supreme ruler?"

"Other countries of course. We invited them in advance to come over and meet with you. The meeting starts in an hour," the head Toad stated, before walking out.

"Wha?! Mama-mia..."

Meanwhile

News was now spreading that Mario was in charge of the Mushroom Kingdom. Seeing an article talking about it on her phone, Meggy slapped herself in the forehead. She was sitting at a cafe with Tari and Melony.

"Damn it, Red, not again..." she groaned.

"Come on, Meggy, he might not be that bad-" Tari pointed out, as she saw the article for herself.

"I'm already struggling financially, I do not want to pay more taxes,"

"What's taxes?" asked Melony, confused.

"Maybe it'll be different this time!" Tari suggested, "Besides, it's not like more violence will solve anything-"

There was suddenly a massive explosion, blowing the wall off of a building as a tank drove through. SMG4 poked his head out of the tank.