Chapter 23

✰ chapter 23: the get together ✰

✰ August's POV

"What the hell are all these women doing in my house?" I yelled catching everyone's attention.

Almost every female in our family was here and a few men too but mostly females.

"Boy, if you don't watch your mouth. You're a father now so you can't be talking like that." Niya snapped on me while walking over with Zaria in her hand.

"He can't understand me right now so it don't matter." I replied back while shrugging it off.

I walked over to where the ladies were gathered around Brooklyn and Anthony.

"So y'all decided to throw a little party huh?" I said kissing both Brooklyn and Anthony on the cheek.

Brooklyn held her hands up in defense. "It wasn't my idea." She said.

"I'm not mad but I wanna ask y'all something..." I started to say.

"What?" Brooklyn's mom asked.

"Where the food at doe." I replied back making everyone bust out laughing.

"Ole greedy butt. I barbecued and cooked up some other food. It's in the kitchen if anybody want to eat." My mom announced after coming out of the kitchen.

"Well y'all know where I'm gonna be at." I told them while walking away to the kitchen.

Skinny niggas got to eat too. 😎

I went into the kitchen and made me a plate full of my favorites.

I was stopped when Kay stood in front of me with her hands on her hips.

"So you not gonna make me a plate?" She asked giving me the meanest look she could which made me chuckle a little bit.

"Oooooo, I'm scared of you. I'll make you a plate immediately." I said setting down my plate and making one for her.

She laughed. "I was just kidding Uncle August but continue to make that plate." She confessed.

Before I could reply back Noonie and Chay came into the room also to make their plates.

"Ewwww what is that?" Chay asked pointing at the potato salad.

"That's potato salad." I replied back.

She plugged her nose and scrunched up her face.

"That looks like throw up. Why is grandma feeding us some throw up." She complained making it seem like she was gonna pass out.

I chuckled. "You better quit playing before she hear you talking about her cooking." I replied back.

"Yeah, you know she gonna make you eat it just because you don't like it." Noonie added in.

That's one thing about my mother, when we said we didn't like to eat certain stuff she would make us eat it anyways because she always said you never now if you don't like something until you try it.

Chay quickly walked away from it. "I ain't takin' no chances." She said getting as far away from the potato salad as possible.

I handed Kay her plate while laughing at the girls.

I swear they just brighten my day.

I walked into the living room and sat down on the now available seat next to Brooklyn and Anthony.

"How's my baby doing?" I asked Brooklyn as she rocked Anthony in her hands.

"He's doing fine. I'm trying to put him to sleep." She answered back.

I began to eat my food.

I started to notice that Brooklyn was eyeing my plate.

"That looks good." She mumbled while staring down my plate.

I chuckled before picking up my hamburger and letting her take a bite.

"Thanks baby. I haven't had any good food for a while." She complained.

"I'm gonna feed you then." I said while letting her take another bite of my burger.

Everything about her to me was adorable even the way she ate.

"I love you Brooklyn." I told her while planting a kiss on her cheek.

________________________________
August in MM 😍

I changed Miya's name to Noonie.

What do you guys think?
Comment below.
Vote please
Comment vote follow

Last chapter is coming up. 😞

Xoxo - Msfanfictional 🍭