Chapter 19

Lin Huilian would sell her own handmade silk flowers in the capital each month to support the family. As Bai Yang's legs weren't good, he wasn't suitable for the heavy farm work, so the whole family could only rely on the money from her selling the silk flowers to live. The past life's Wei Luo felt that while this lifestyle may be hard, it was actually very joyful. She also learned how to make silk flowers from Lin Huilian, making them even more appealing than hers. But she'd never imagined things would turn out like that in the end.

Now, seeing that face again, she recalled the feelings of disappointment from the past life. Looking at Lin Huilian, the first thought in her mind wasn't about them being good to her, but the scene of that woman and Bai Yang pushing her into the coffin. The black mole at the corner of her mouth, that she had looked at for ten years, felt so unfamiliar right now.

Wei Luo received the pink silk flower that she was handed. Lost in thought, she held it for a long time without relinquishing her grip. Mrs. Lin and Song Hui both thought she liked it, Song Hui was even about to call for an aide to pay the money, but she unexpectedly trembled as if she was cold, and threw the silk flower at Mrs. Lin. Closely hugging Song Hui's neck, she said, "Don't want it! Big brother Song Hui, this flower smells very weird."

Wei Luo's words weren't idle talk, falsely accusing Lin Huilian, but she had solid evidence.

The people who went to the capital to sell their silk flowers were many, but her craftsmanship wasn't good, the flowers she made were less attractive than other people's, so the business was naturally worse than theirs. In order to earn a living, she had no choice but to think of other means. She soaked vanilla in the silk flowers. The scent of vanilla was unique, and many young ladies became fond of it. But this scent made people easily addicted. Henceforth becoming dependent on it, if they didn't get to smell it one day, they would feel uncomfortable all over.

Such an insidious business, the past Wei Luo had only found out about it when she was 15.

Mrs. Lin never let her wear this kind of silk flower, she only sold them to the rich families' Misses from distant villages and the capital. Because she went to remote places, she hadn't been discovered yet.

At Wei Luo's current words, Mrs. Lin's complexion turned pale. She didn't know whether this little lady had found out anything wrong, and was furthermore afraid that other people may figure something out. If others thought there was a problem, she wouldn't be able to come to the capital to do business anymore. She frantically picked up the silk flower from the ground, and turned around to leave, no longer trying to sell to Wei Luo.

Wei Luo watched her departing figure with a taut face, showing a dark and gloomy appearance.

Song Hui was amused by her solemn expression. Setting her down on the carriage, he pinched her tender face and asked: "How strange was the scent of that flower after all? It seemed to offend little sister Ah Luo's nostrils."

Wei Luo didn't like people pinching her face, just as much as she didn't like others seeing the tooth gap in her mouth. She puffed up her cheeks, pushing his hand away, "Hurts! Big brother Song Hui, don't pinch me!"

The little girl's skin was getting more and more delicate, moist, white and tender, making people unable to resist a touch. Song Hui let her go to take a look, and the places that were pinched by him really had a trace of red. He obviously hadn't put any strength into it, so strange. Song Hui felt truly bad for her as he used his hands to rub gently. After rubbing for a little while, he couldn't help laughing: "It really is fragile."

Wei Luo didn't answer, her brain was still occupied with her earlier encounter with Lin Huilian.

It shouldn't have been long since they'd buried their son at the current date, her and Bai Yang were probably in the middle of mourning. If it wasn't out of fear that the family would starve, Lin Huilian wouldn't have come to the capital to sell silk flowers. But Wei Luo wasn't concerned about this point, she was concerned whether they would adopt another little girl during their lifetime. Adopting someone, would they prepare a ghost marriage for their son with her?