Chapter 71

Zhao Jie had guessed correctly. Wei Luo knew what happened at Qian Temple.

Not only did she know, she had also decided to maintain a distance from him.

She knew that not only had he kissed her near Qian Temple's gate, he had also licked her lips! She clearly remembered that day. The hot spring near the peach tree grove had been too comfortable, so she had fallen asleep as she soaked in the hot spring and became drowsier and drowsier. Later, she had a faint impression of Zhao Jie carrying her onto the horse. When they were almost at Qian Temple, she had heard him when called out her name, but she was tired and didn't want to wake up. Who could have expected that he would lean over and kiss her forehead?

She was too startled and didn't dare to open her eyes, so she kept her eyes closed and pretended to still be asleep. But, his following action made her even shocked. He actually kissed her mouth!

On the surface, she acted as if she was sleeping so deeply that she couldn't perceive anything. In her heart, Wei Luo felt as if she were in a perilous position.

Why did Zhao Jie kiss her?

She wasn't stupid. Having already lived one lifetime, she had more experience than other people and knew what his action meant.

In the past, she had been unwilling to think about this. Zhao Jie treated her very well. He looked at her with single-minded devotion and his hands were always scorching hot when he hugged her. She had chosen to believe in her own lies and ignored his behavior. After all, he was nine years older than her. He had watched her slowly grow up. How could he have these feelings towards her?

But, now, she couldn't continue ignoring this. He had kissed her when she was sleeping. When he was holding her that day, the scalding heat from his body almost melted her body.

Her big brother liked her. It was the like that a man had towards a woman instead of simple sibling affection.

For now, Wei Luo didn't know what to think. She deeply respected Zhao Jie and felt grateful towards him. It was probably because he had always taken care of her, protected her, and cleaned up her messes. But, she wasn't able to suddenly accept his feelings, so she decided to keep a distance between them.

Previously, they had been too close. Zhao Jie was a man. She was an unmarried girl. Men and women should keep their distance from each other. It wasn't good for them to be so close.

This was the reason why she was avoiding Zhao Jie today.

After Wei Luo came back to Duke Ying's residence, she was originally going to fourth branch's courtyard to pay Qin-shi a visit. However, just as she passed through the gate, Bai Lan walked towards her and said, "Miss, Marquis Ping Yuan's daughter is here."

Liang Yu Rong often visited here to play with Wei Luo, so this wasn't uncommon. The servant girls had already become accustomed to her visits, so they would directly bring her to the reception pavilion to wait.

Wei Luo nodded to show that she understood. Hearing that Bai Lan said Liang Yu Rong was at the reception pavilion, she lifted her skirt and went there herself.

Liang Yu Rong was sitting on a rosewood chair and drinking the tea in fascination. The tea was recently delivered in spring and called e mei xue ya. The tea was translucent and had a strongly fragrant spiciness. She looked up and saw that Wei Luo had arrived. She quickly stood up and asked here, "I heard from Bai Lan that you went to the palace. What happened? Was Princess Tianji looking for you?"

(T/N: E mei xue ya is a type of green tea.)

Wei Luo shook her head and said, "It was Her Majesty that invited me to the palace."