Chapter 61

About an hour later, Li Song finished washing his face, rinsing his mouth, and changing into a clean sky blue robe embroidered with golden thread. His appearance was impressive when he left his room.

He arrived at the receiving room and saluted Prince Ru Yang and Elder Princess Gao Yang, then he said, "Father, mother, let's leave."

Prince Ru Yang (Li Zhi Liang) severely harrumphed. It was clear that he was displeased with Li Song's behavior during the past two days, "You can still remember to come home? I was going to treat it as if you had already died somewhere outside!"

Li Song straightened up from saluting and his handsome eyebrows went up. He looked incredibly rebellious as if he was the devil's incarnate. "If I had really died, would father be happy?"

Li Zhi Liang furrowed his eyebrows, "You..."

Seeing that her husband and son were going to start arguing again, Elder Princess Gao Yang (Zhao Xuan) discontentedly glared at Li Zhi Liang. She disliked that he couldn't calmly speak and would frequently yell and shout instead. "Our son is well. Why are you saying such unlucky words? Why can't you calmly and even-temperedly speak?" Then, she immediately turned around to look at Li Song and her tone changed to loving and pampering, "Everything is fine now that you returned. In the future, don't stay out all night for so long. Mother will worry."

Li Song slightly nodded. He would occasionally listen to Elder Princess Gao Yang's words. He wasn't beyond redemption.

Seeing her family gathered together, Zhao Xuan smiled and said, "Okay, let's go. After such a long delay, I'm worried that we're already late."

Soon, Zhao Xuan left the hall with Li Xiang supporting her and Li Zhi Liang closely following them.

Li Song quietly walked behind them and slowly put away the expression on his face.

--------

At Duke Ding's residence.

Fourth madam Qin-shi had also brought along Wei Chang Mi to Duke Ding's grandson's one-month-old birthday. This was Wei Chang Mi's first time participating in this type of occasion and he had excitedly cheered with his hands and feet on the way here in the carriage. When they arrived at Duke Ding's residence, he obediently quieted down and stayed in Qin-shi's arms. His eyes turned and the high spirits he was showing just a moment ago completely disappeared.

Qin-shi scratched his nose and laughed at him, "Didn't you just say that you want to meet younger brother? Why aren't you saying anything now?"

Wei Chang Mi wrapped his arms around Qin-shi's neck. His small tender white face curled into a ball, "Mother, there's so many people. I'm scared."

These words were true. Many people were visiting Duke Ding's residence today. The women had entered the residence through the side door. The front courtyard was full of people and there was continuous laughter that traveled to rear courtyard without stopping.

Duke Ding and Duke Ying had similar levels of famous reputations and splendid prestige in the imperial court. In addition, Duke Ding was an amiable person unlike Duke Ying who was very stubborn, so he had many friends. Today was his grandson's one-month-old birthday. One after another, people hurried here to help him celebrate.

Qin-shi laughed and said, "Why are you scared? Mother is here. Older sister Ah Luo is also here. No one will bully you."

At the mention of older sister Ah Luo, Wei Chang Mi's eyes brightened. He looked left and right, but he didn't see her. His mouth shriveled and he said, "Older sister Ah Luo isn't here."