Chapter 112

The carriage driver couldn't drive him away, so he asked the woman inside the carriage, "Madam, what should we do..."

Jiang Miao Lan closed her eyes. A long time later, she slowly opened her eyes and her firm voice traveled outside, "Ignore him."

Hearing her order, the carriage driver looked at Wei Kun with impatience. Because he was someone from Wu Rong, his temperament was rather brutal. Previously, he had felt apprehension because they were in Da Liang, so he acted politely by not directly running this person over. Now, after receiving Jiang Miao Lan's order, the carriage driver whipped the back of the horse and mercilessly moved the carriage forward in Wei Kun's direction!

Stunned, Wei Kun opened his eyes wider and quickly moved to the side to evade. The horse's legs heavily came down on the spot that he had recently firmly stood and caused dust to rise. As the gorgeously decorated carriage passed by him, the wind swept up the carriage's window curtain for a moment. Through the gap between the window and the curtain, he saw a familiar face. Before he had time to carefully look, the carriage was already far away.

He froze in place and looked in the direction the carriage had left in. He was so stirred up that he couldn't control himself.

It was her. It really was her!

So many years had passed. She had finally returned.

When he had clearly heard Jiang Miao Lan's voice, he could almost immediately confirm that it was her. Because when she spoke the final syllable, her gentle and charming voice was slightly raised and dragged out. He would never forget her voice.

When did she return? Why was she with people from Wu Rong? Where had she gone during the past years? Did she come back to Duke Ying's residence to see her two children?

Wei Kun let his imaginations run wild. During this impulsive mood, he almost chased after her. However, after mounting a nearby jubube red horse, he had a sudden thought and stopped. At this time, she probably no longer wanted to see him. If he rashly went after her, he would increase her loathing. Just like recently, she wasn't willing to even see him for a moment and cold-bloodedly ordered the carriage driver to drive past him.

Wei Kun tightened his grip on the reins. Blue veins protruded on the back of his hands. He struggled for a long time, but he still chose to jump off the horse.

The gatekeeper at the entrance came up to greet him. Wei Kun handed the reins to him and didn't enter the residence. Instead, he called out to the normally hidden shadow guards and ordered, "Follow after that carriage. Find out where it stops at and where the people inside the carriage live... No matter what you find out, tell me."

The guards wearing deep black clothing nodded their heads in acknowledgment, "This subordinate will do as you ordered."

Wei Kun didn't say anything else. Lost in his thoughts, he walked back into the residence.

Wei Luo had recently returned to Pine Courtyard from Banyan Tree Courtyard. Seeing him, she remembered the protective charms she had asked from Ci Temple. She curved her apricot eyes and brightly approached him, "Daddy, I went to Ci Temple with Chang Hong and asked for a protective charm for you." Then, she took out an embroidered crimson sachet from her sleeve. The protective charm was inside. She handed it over to Wei Kun. "This was personally blessed by the abbot. It's guaranteed to give you a lifetime of peace and safety."

Wei Kun inattentively accepted the item. He held it in his hand and twirled it around twice. She didn't know what he was thinking about. Suddenly, he lifted his head and looked at Wei Luo with a burning gaze, "Ah Luo, when you went to Ci Temple, did you see someone?"