Chapter 137

The rain had come suddenly and fallen rapidly. A short period of time after Zhao Jie had returned, the rain stopped. However, Wei Luo wasn't feeling well. Shortly after they finished dinner, Wei Luo's cheeks became flushed and her mind became foggy. She said some muddled words while she was nestled against Zhao Jie's chest.

After a doctor was called over, the doctor said she was sick because she was fatigued from the past few days and today's chilly temperature had invaded her body. The doctor wrote out a prescription and Zhao Jie ordered a pageboy to go with the doctor to bring the back the medicine. Zhao Jie took the towel that Jin Lu brought over and held it on Wei Luo's forehead. He asked Jin Lu, "What did Her Highness do today?"

Jin Lu narrated Wei Luo's day fully, "After it started to rain, Her Highness had been standing at the window for a long time. This servant said a few words to try to persuade her. Later on, Her Highness finally left the window and sat down to embroider. And then... House Li's young master came by and requested to see Her Highness. Her Highness went outside to see him."

Zhao Jie's expression didn't change. He lowered his eyes and looked at the young girl that was completely curled up in his arms. He suddenly asked, "What was she embroidering?"

Jin Lu suddenly realized. She hastily went to a red sandalwood cabinet that was carved with a scroll pattern and took out an embroidery frame. She brought the item to Zhao Jie and said, "To respond to Your Highness, it's this one."

Zhao Jie took the item and saw a decorate design of honeysuckle embroidered in golden and silver thread. From the pattern, it seemed like it would be used to make a pair of shoes. He suddenly thought about how he asked Wei Luo to make a pair of shoes for him. He originally thought that the little fellow had already forgotten about this. So much time had passed since he asked. Unexpectedly, she hadn't forgotten. Zhao Jie lowered his gaze and chuckled. He gave the item back to Jin Lu and said, "Put this back."

Jin Lu felt slightly puzzled, but she did as he said.

A short while later, a servant brought over the prepared medicine. Zhao Jie scooped up a spoonful, blew on it to cool it down, and brought it to Wei Luo's lips, "Ah Luo, it's time to drink your medicine."

Wei Luo actually wasn't seriously sick. She had been napping in Zhao Jie's arms until Zhao Jie woke her up. Her small eyebrows were twisted as she forced herself to drink the bowl of bitter medicine. She fluttered her fan-like eyelashes and said, "I want to eat sweet osmanthus flower and lotus root."

This wasn't a difficult request. Zhao Jie put down the celadon bowl with a lotus flower pattern onto a teapot that was by the bed and said to Jin Lu and Bai Lan, "Order the cook to immediately make sweet osmanthus flower and lotus root and bring it over here."

Wei Luo was sick right now and should be eating lighter foods, so he added, "Also prepare a bowl of snow ear fungus and pumpkin congee and a few side dishes."

Jin Lu and Bai Lan immediately withdrew from the room.

Wei Luo leaned against Zhao Jie's chest and snuggled closer. She stretched her hand out and wrapped it around his waist. She was somewhat unhappy. "Big brother, you've been leaving early and coming home late every day because of Prince Ru Yang's matter. You haven't kept me company for a while."

Zhao Jie smiled, pinched her little nose, and said, "How has the prince not kept you company? I've only been slightly busier during these past two days and you're already holding a grievance."

Wei Luo didn't reply immediately. Perhaps, her thoughts were disorderly because she was sick. She said things as soon as they popped into her mind, "I don't want Li Song's jade piece."