Chapter 57

Wei Luo was startled. She wasn't sure what to say.

She looked at Zhao Jie with a confused expression. She hadn't been thinking when she came here. She had only wanted to vent anger for Chang Hong. She had been so angry that she couldn't pay attention to the injury on her ankle. But, now there was someone in front of her who was attentively worrying about her injury. She felt somewhat moved. She inhaled once before calling out, "Big brother..."

Zhao Jie quietly said, "En."

The young girl's eyes were red. He thought that she was in pain because of her ankle and was about to carry her. Who would have expected that she would spread her arms and murmur, "Hug me?"

Zhao Jie's heart suddenly softened. His desire to pamper her couldn't be increased any further. He said, "Okay." He leaned over and hugged her close to his chest. One hand was around her waist and the other hand was on her head. He tightly pressed her against his chest.

It was only a small request. How could he refuse? Besides, he had long wanted to hug her.

The young girl's body was fragrant and soft. She curled up in his embrace as if she had missed him. Her posture showed absolute dependence. At this moment, Zhao Jie thought she understood his thoughts and even desired him the same way he desired her. But, a short moment later, the lovable body in his arms moved and left his arms. She stood in front of him with a smile as if nothing was wrong and said, "I'm okay now. I drained enough energy."

His arms were suddenly empty, only her scent and a little bit of her warmth were left. Zhao Jie's heart felt regretful, but it wasn't obvious on his face. He thought her banter was interesting, "What energy? Where did you learn this word from?"

She placed her hand on his shoulder to support half of her weight, "I read this in a book."

Those supernatural books all had similar circumstances. A succubus would absorb a man's energy and the man would immediately die from exhaustion and only his withered corpse would be left. Zhao Jie stroked her head and his eyes darkened. Did she really understand what it meant to drain energy? If she really wanted to drain his energy, a hug wouldn't be sufficient. There were still many things that could be done. In the future, she would know that it wouldn't be something as simple as hugging.

Zhao Jie couldn't bear for her to stand too long. Without speaking, he leaned over, picked her up, and started walking towards his own courtyard on the other side.

Wei Luo conveniently grabbed onto his shoulder, saw that he was heading in the wrong direction, and hurriedly reminded him, "Chang Hong. Big brother, I want to go see Chang Hong."

Zhao Jie paused for a moment before changing directions to walk to Chang Hong's room instead.

On the way there, Wei Luo was lying in his arms and saw him looking straight ahead.

As he slowly walked forward, he asked, "Ah Luo, why do you dislike Li Song?"

Wei Luo looked down and thought of that moment when the hairpin pieced Li Song's chest. Her voice became chilly, "He's always hurting Chang Hong. Chang Hong is my younger brother. No one can hurt him."

From the time she was a child, it seemed that she kept getting entangled with Li Song. Before, it was small-scaled arguments, now that they had grown up, it wouldn't be good if they kept getting entangled. Zhao Jie didn't say anything. When he had been standing at the entrance, he saw Wei Luo standing on her toes and gently rubbing Li Song's ear. Her action seemed so intimate. For a moment of time, he wanted to kill Li Song. He knew that Wei Luo couldn't like Li Song, but he still couldn't control his possessiveness.