Chapter 144

Wei Luo felt regretful that she wasn't able to attend Liang Yu Rong and Wei Chang Yin's wedding. But when she thought about how the two of them didn't even have the opportunity to stay together in her past life, she decided that missing their wedding wasn't that regretful. Wei Luo believed that her oldest cousin Chang Yin would definitely treat Liang Yu Rong very well in their married life. After his leg was fully recovered, they would become a golden couple that would be envied by others.

Wei Luo selected a jade that was carved into the image of "Child-Sending Guanyin" from the storeroom. The jade felt moist and supple. In addition, the carving was exquisitely done. A single glance would show that it wasn't a common item.

(T/N: Guanyin is commonly known as the goddess of mercy, but she's also the patron saint of mothers. This image of "Child-Sending Guanyin" is associated with blessing parents with filial children.)

She asked Zhao Jie about the item. As expected, it was a priceless treasure that had been passed down from one generation to the next. A Buddhist monk, Great Master Han Kong, had created this in the previous dynasty. Wei Luo was already used to his prodigal behavior, so she calmly said she understood. She also selected several presents to give to her grandparents, father, and aunts.

-------

They were able to arrive at Duke Ying's residence before 9AM.

Wei Luo and Zhao Jie walked into the receiving room. Wei Luo was immediately able to see Liang Yu Rong standing behind Wei Chang Yin. Wei Chang Yin was still sitting in his beech wheelchair. Actually, he was already able to start walking. He just couldn't walk for too long. He would walk for an hour every day to recuperate his legs and feet.

Liang Yu Rong was wearing a pomegranate red jacket that was embroidered with a silk treasure pattern and a white, pleated skirt embroidered with auspicious symbols. She looked as lovely as flowers. Her smiling face showed dimples on the bottom of her soft cheeks. She originally had her head lowered to speak with Wei Chang Yin. After she heard a servant girl announcing that Wei Luo had entered the room, she lifted her head. Her face turned red after she directly looked at Wei Luo's bright eyes.

Wei Luo and Zhao Jie greeted the older generation first and presented their gifts. When it was Liang Yu Rong's turn, Wei Luo took a long, red sandalwood box that was carved with a pattern of daffodils from Jin Lu. She teasingly said, "This is for oldest cousin Chang Yin and older sister-in-law Yu Rong."

Liang Yu Rong took the box and opened it to see. There was a jade figurine of Guanyin. She blushed and wanted to have a few words with Wei Luo. But since she was a newly married wife, it wouldn't be good for her to act discourteously in front of the elders. She only stealthily sent Wei Luo a rebuking glance before saying, "Thank you... fifth sister-in-law."

Wei Luo said, "Your welcome."

On the side, Second Madam Song-shi saw the item and said with a smile, "Yu Rong and First Young Master have only been married for a few days, there isn't any rush. But, Ah Luo, you've been married to Prince Jing for two months. Is there any movement in your stomach?"

Wei Luo didn't expect that the topic would shift towards her. She immediately felt embarrassed. She usually didn't think about this issue. She felt that was plenty of time and there was no need to be anxious. It would be best to let nature take its course. Now that second aunt was asking this question in front of everyone, she paused for a while, "I..."

Zhao Jie held her hand and said, "Ah Luo is still young. It might be harmful for her body to have a child right now. This prince isn't anxious for an heir. Let's talk about this later."

Second madam awkwardly smiled. It wouldn't be good her to continue asking questions.

Wei Luo looked around. Not seeing Wei Chang Hong, she asked Wei Kun, "Daddy, why isn't Chang Hong here?"