PROMISE

I watched with my wide eyes the scene that had already happened in the speed of light

All my men were lying on the floor, making slight movement as if their bones were broken.

Just how strong did she grow?

"I warned. That you will regret."

"Miss Scorpion, I don't have all day. Come with me. I just have a few questions."

"I am not budging from this place."

Her eyes were stubborn. She was stubborn.

"Fine. What do you want?" I asked.

"Leave me alone."

"Not happening." I scoffed.

"Why?" She asked.

Why? Why was I so desperate to take her back? Because she was my wife? She didn't even remember me. Not even her son. For Junior? He had already coped up not having his mother.
Then what was my reason to take this woman?

Me?

I had always enjoyed her company yet, I was devoted to my family. I had never known that she was planning in secret. She knew of all their schemes and created back up plans for our escape.
However, the time of attack she predicted happened too soon. She promised me that we would all escape together. Together...

Flashback

"Honey, you have to get out of here with him." Her voice was urgent. I was still in shock.

I would have never thought in my worst nightmare that my own family would be hunting me and my wife.
And my newborn son.

Just for inheritance.

We sneaked through the corridors of the mansion we all lived in. No one was home today. Because they were outside. With weapons. Ready to kill us.

She led me to the kitchen, walking fast on her heels while holding our baby.
She handed me the baby and leaned down to the marble floor. She felt her hands on the floor; searching. She found what she wanted and pressed the tile.
Creak!

A secret passageway opened.

"Go! Hurry!" She said looking at the entrance of the deep passageway.
"You will find around twenty men there. To make sure that they are trustworthy, say, 'I'm in darkness.' If they say, 'We are the light then they will be my people. If not...Then do your best to protect Junior and yourself―"

"You are coming with us." I said fiercely.

"I am. Just not with you...I have another plan. They will know that we are together. So I have to escape individually. Hurry! We don't have much time."

"Are you sure about this?"

"I promise I'll be back."

She'll be back.

She looked at me. I was confused. She leaned in and pressed her lips to me roughly. A deep passionate kiss. But it felt as if she were saying a....Goodbye.

"Go," her voice trembled.

I went in through the staircase extending underground to God knows what. Holding my child. And a gun in my jeans, just in case.

I had reached the base.
"I am in Darkness?" I was in doubt.

I really was in darkness. A shadow moved. Before I could even react reflexively, I heard, "We are the Light. Come with us, Mr. Williams. Miss Eva has given us orders to escort you and Young Master safely." He said.

I looked deeper into darkness and could make out figures.

I started walking where the led me. Moon light was starting to illuminate the surroundings a bit and we were out.

We had escaped.

I noticed three Mercedes and four bikes. All of them equipped with machine guns.

I felt safe. Finally.

Just when I was about enter the car, I heard a sound that stopped my legs from advancing.

Bang!

A gunshot.

Bang!

Another.

Boom!

...
A...Bomb?

"Eva..."I murmured. She must have escaped already, right?

A hand came to my mouth. I smelled it.

GHB.

And I collapsed...

To be continued

To be continued...