DANCING

JAMES' POV

JAMES' POV

It didn't surprise me that I was surprised and awestruck every single time she made an entry. Just like that, like a storm, she entered into my life during our marriage, a few months ago making a reappearance, in ITEX, during dress trials, her small visits to my room and now. Every time, she came in like a storm to slay everything on her way. But in her absence it felt like a vacuum, like emptiness. It was like suffocation. She was pleasurably toxic, like a drug. I had expected her in the black dress I had personally selected for her killer looks, but now with the deep blue modernly-conservative, her shiny golden blonde hair up in a bun, dark prominent makeup. The minimal jewelries that seemed like stars on her as the dress clung to her body like a second skin and made her curves more prominent than it already was, her albino skin was glowing with unnatural beauty. And her exposed legs because of the slit dress looked unbelievably the most perfect pair of legs.

But the way she swayed her hips, the way her heels clacked against the floor, the she descended with her fingers slightly trailing over the rails, the was she was looking at everyone, the way she held up her chin in air was almost devilish.

I don't know what she looked to others but to me she was a hybrid of vampire and a nymph. She was the type of storm, not the kind I would run from but the kind i would choose.

When the silence became creepier, the musicians realised it was a very good opportunity to use her as an inspiration for a new music. The melody flowed in again but the music appeared to be on the side of doom. An evil music. The song of destruction. And I got a funny thought.

Making way through the curious and confused crowd, I headed towards her and she stopped in her tracks. I held up my hand to invite her.

She easily placed the hand on my hand. I didn't miss the fact that she was wearing the wedding ring I had given her. But I was distracted. Wherever her hands made contact with me, left a burning sensation. An electric spark inside me jolted me back to the present.

I slowly leaned and kissed her hand.

"May I have the pleasure of having the first dance with you?" I asked, nervous.

She seemed to be in some deep thought while she considered my invitation. Absentmindedly, she nodded to my request.

To break her trance from whatever bothered her, I pulled her closer but waist taking one of her hand at the same time. She jerked to a stop inches away from my face as her hands fell unconsciously to their suitable places. One over my shoulder and one in my hand.

Soon we were joined by other couples. And the evil music slowly flowed in another tune. I was quick to recognise the instrumental music of "Senorita". But this was an epic orchestral version, a more powerful one for salsa dance.

But what shocked me was her reaction to the song. Quickly, picking up the tempo to match her, I made a sincere effort in dancing. She whirled, bent backwards, swirled in the air like a professional modern ballerina. Her movements were swift, accurate and precise. It would've rather looked like a well choreographed fight rather than a romantic dance. But I was having way too much fun. The other couples couldn't match and stepped out of our way. But Eva wasn't done yet.