BAITED

EVELYN'S POV

EVELYN'S POV

"I really can't believe that you hadn't figured that out. I mean I was the closest person to you in those five years you were missing, right? You didn't even search for me."

I saw red. This man who I used think of as my brother, was now so disgusting because of his malice that I wanted to punch his face. But now, I lost control over my emotions.

I stepped forward and grabbed his shirt's collars.

"You! You b*****d! You absolute m***n! You toyed with my feelings and betrayed me, you abandoned me and now you are saying I forgot you? You ingrate!" He jerked back as if he was punched at the face. I looked at my fist. Well, it did look like I had punched him taking into account the stinging sensation that I always felt after boxing. I flinched and looked at my hand warily as if a scorpion had grown into it.

"Better be careful darling. I have your precious belongings." He smirked while rubbing his cheek.

And behind him emerged Max holding a gun. Bloody traitor! But that was not the point. What made me feel hopeless and helpless was the sight of him dragging my son with him. And Junior's clothes...t-t-they were...bloodied. I saw red. The world was spinning. I was dizzy thinking of the things he might have done to him. My legs have out and tears blurred my eyes.

"My dear Evelyn, I pity you. I loved you once so I'll give you another chance." He handed me a gun. He was holding one as well. If not for my son being held as a hostage, I would have already digged his brain into a graveyard and planted the bullet in it. But I had to control myself. For Junior's sake. I waited for him to continue.

"Shoot your man with your own hands and become my wife. I'll make you happier than any other girl in this world and take care of your son like a father." I glared at him.

Was he out of his bloody mind?

"Or shoot your own son and be faithful to your current husband. But I won't make any promises of not killing him in the future."

I was very close to blasting his brain and drinking his blood and dancing around his funeral like a wild person.

He was not crazy, he was a lunatic sadist.

The deal he provided was to either kill my husband or my son and keep the other one alive with no promises of future safety.

What was this, Squid Game 2.0?

"Please keep your 'love' to yourself, I can't afford it. I always thought of you as a friend, as a brother. You are the one who misunderstood things." I scoffed.

"Eva, you had said it that you liked me. That you loved me." He seemed desperate now, his face crumpled in ancient grief. But I didn't care.

My family's life was on stake to cry out loud.

"You call that like and love as feelings? Please!" I mocked.

"Then care to explain?" He was mad now. I had to be careful with my every word.