SCHOOL DIARIES

EVA'S POV

EVA'S POV

After clearing the mess and bringing stability in ITEX, it was time for me to start multitasking. I would greet James and send Junior to school in the morning and later visit the company to check on the progess. New massive projects kept coming in following the news of my return. I had avoided the Media and their questions, however the snapshots they took every time I went in or out of the company kept spreading like wildfire. The business in ITEX boomed again and I started recruiting more trustworthy employees and interns.

Of course, I was the one who took the interviews. Trust issues, ladies and gentlemen.

***

"The biggest investors for "Heaven's Guard" are ITEX, VINCENT and BM, right? Then why are we only facing the backlash because of some celebrity scandal?" I questioned Alice.

I had appointed her as my secretary since she was acquainted with this stuff and could help me.

"Someone's jealous. If you take a step back now, you won't get any credits for investing, if you argue, you'll lose the profits in the deal. What's more, VINCENT and BM seem to have collaborated to throw you over." She muttered with a visible frown.

Ring! Ring!

I picked up the call when I saw "School" on the screen.

"Mrs. Williams, your son and Mrs. Greene's son have been fighting. Mrs. Greene has reached and is creating trouble for us. Please–" The old lady's voice was down with worry.

"I'll be there." I promised.

I quickly turned back to grab my sunglasses and car keys while instructing Alice.

"Trytofindintelonthecastandcrewofthefilmandtheinvestors-I'vegottagoattendsomeimportantbusiness-keepmeupdated'bouttheprogress." I rapped the the sentences and wondered if it made sense.

"Huh?" Alice exclaimed but I could only make my legs go faster to my car.

Junior. I am coming.

***

"You don't know who my husband is. He can do anything." She argued stubbornly.

This woman had the talent of mentioning her husband in every third sentence.

I sighed.

"Junior, apologize and make friends. We're leaving now." I said.

Junior obediently went and apologized and came back to me, not waiting for a reply.

"You owe me an apology as well, Miss Trouble-maker." She sneered.

Okay, that was going to be the end of her.

"I am perfectly sure that I owe you a big, fat slap in your silicon face."

"You–" A train of profanities followed as I was quick in covering Junior's ears.

"I made Junior apologize because I felt sorry towards a kid who was unfortunate to get you as his mother."

"You–" I cut her short again, knowing her reply.

"I don't care who in this sane world is your husband but I know who I am. And it's better for you not to mess with me. Because then, your husband would rather cut off your tongue than offend me." I threatened.

She gulped, clearly conflicted between her shattered pride and instilled fear.

"And control your tongue around here. This is a school not some cheap club where you can will your tongue as you please." I glared at her.

A hint of guilt touched her eyes as she realised the number of odds against her.

I grabbed Junior's hand and turned back.

They were not going to bully him while I was here.

Not him.

To be continued

To be continued...