AMUSEMENT PARK

EVELYN'S POV

EVELYN'S POV

"Seriously, just how good are you at games?" He asked.

This had become his signature dialogue for the day. Every time I shot an arrow or fired a bullet accurately at the target, Junior and James would gape openly at me.

Honestly, this was nothing.

We earned gifts in almost every game the park had to offer.

Now the last two games were VR games and the Escape.

As we waited for our turn, I saw James becoming more and more quiet. His hands trembled. Maybe he was scared of lively games? Or maybe of the real shooting experience?

It must be hard to let your son experience live shooting.

Or did he have a trauma?

But why did it matter?

Without a thought, I wrapped my arms around him and brought him closer when Junior was busy playing in phone. His body shuddered against mine.

"It's fine. It's going to be alright." I whispered.

I felt his hands weaving around me as he put his head on my shoulders.

"It's okay not to be okay." I patted his back.

He sighed.

"I wish it was." He whispered.

And that felt like a silent promise.

***

JAMES'S POV

I wished I could freeze in that moment in which she held me, comforting me. She might've forgotten me but she still cared.

That reminded me.

"Ahem. We're in the public and you two are a famous power couple. Shouldn't you behave for once to be your age?" Junior lectured.

Did he just say that to us?

Eva shrank back in embarrassment. I glared at him.

Couldn't he just shut up? Was he even my kid?

***

I didn't know how many times I stopped playing just to see her jumping and flinging herself at the air using her toy guns at full speed like a professional. Rolling her body on the ground using the virtual cannons to blast enemy's ambush and earn a PK, she was everything in an action movie scene.

After we exited the game, it was already evening. We decided to buy ice creams and balloons. And that's when we both got a call.

Ring!

***

EVELYN'S POV

"So all dignitaries and elites are going to it?" I asked. It was a very good opportunity to expand business for ITEX. We were already back at the peak point and surprisingly I knew much more about business than I had myself expected.

"Accept it then." I ordered Alice.

And at the same time James hung up too.

"Green Vines..." We whispered together at the same time and realisation hit. We had both been invited. It meant only thing.

People were indeed curious to check our relationship.

For it had been five years...

"We both know what to do, don't we?"
He smirked.

"Of course, Mr. James." I purred.

To be continued

To be continued...