Why is There A Naked Man in a Tree?

When Ambrose returned home, his parents made a big deal about it. They hugged and kissed, called friends, and started a party. Ambrose was fed a large meal and spent the evening watching tv and listening to the radio with the family. Finally, it was time for bed and Ambrose was rushed to bed so Alessandro and the family could discuss their next steps at a table downstairs, and they didn't want Ambrose interfering for some unknown reason, but they would interrogate him in the morning.
---
Ambrose was laying in his bed, curled up in a ball. He was exhausted from his parents' party but he also didn't feel very good. He hadn't since Michael. He thought about a lot of things and even wondered what Joe did once they left. However, he thought most about Reuben and how he probably wouldn't ever see him again. That made his heart hurt in an inexplicable way that he hadn't experienced before.
---
A soft knock on glass came from the balcony Ambrose's double doors led to.
---
Ambrose ignored it the first time, too lost in thought.
---
The knock came again, a little louder and more deliberate.
---
Ambrose blinked and looked over his shoulder at the balcony.
---
Reuben was leaning his back against the balcony railing, hands shoved in the pockets of an officer’s bloody uniform. He tipped his hat to Ambrose with a smile once he saw he’d caught his attention.
---
Ambrose's eyes widened and he scrambled out of bed, running over to the balcony and ripping the doors open. He pulled Reuben into a tight hug and also immediately teared up.
---
“Hey, Buttercup.” Reuben whispered in his ear as he squeezed him in his arms, forgetting all about Ambrose’s still sore injuries. He held him dearly and breathed in the scent of his hair, breathing in and out in relief. “I told you I’d never leave.”
---
Ambrose suddenly sobbed and went limp in Reuben's arms. "But you did! And-And Michael-He-!" Ambrose bawled into Reuben's shirt.
---
Reuben’s joy faded, and his worry returned. “What are you talking about? What about Michael?” Reuben raised one eyebrow as he stared down at Ambrose.
---
"H-He raped me, Reuben…" Ambrose sniffled and buried his face in Reuben's chest, desperately seeking comfort.
---
“What?” Reuben couldn’t believe what he was hearing. “What did you say? He what?” His voice was deep and furious, nails digging into Ambrose’s back.
----
"He… he r-raped me…" Ambrose held Reuben tightly, not at all noticing his anger, too upset and sad to.
---
Reuben’s limbs shook with fury. It took him a few seconds to gather himself and carry Ambrose to his bed. He laid him down and then walked away again, taking off the police cap and rifling his hand through his hair distressfully. “I’ve gotta take care of that.” He was already headed to leave again.
---
"What? No! Please stay Reuben." Ambrose sat up in distress. "I-I need you."
--
Reuben froze and then turned around again returning to Ambrose with a heavy sigh. “You’re right.” He wrapped Ambrose in another sweet hug. “I can hardly believed that happened. I’m going to make him pay- I mean, I’ll talk to him about it.” Reuben hissed that last part through gritted teeth.
---
"No… kill him, please…" Ambrose scooted as close to Reuben as he could and leaned his weight against him.
---
Reuben felt that sense of safety overwhelm him like a blanket again and he hummed in Ambrose’s ear, pushing him onto his back. He pressed his lips against Ambrose’s and once they were there, they weren’t coming off.
---
Ambrose kissed back as passionately as he could, wanting to get his mind off Michael and just, in general, savoring the fact that Reuben was with him.
---
Reuben hadn’t ever felt Ambrose kiss him with so much meaning behind it before. But as he thought about what Ambrose said, the angrier he became. With a growl, he parted from Ambrose’s lips. “How did it happen?”
----
"I… I don't want to talk about it…" Ambrose tried pulling Reuben back to his lips.
---
Reuben was antsy but he forced away his irritation for Ambrose, wrapping him in another hug and pushing his lips faster against Ambrose, breathing him in.
---
Ambrose broke their kiss and buried his face in Reuben's neck. "Please fuck me, Reuben."
---
Reuben’s eyebrows jumped into his hair. “What? Really?” He blinked, shaking his head. He relented from pulling off all of Ambrose’s clothes and asked him again if he had heard him right.
---
"Please." Ambrose stared up at him with big, begging blue eyes.
---
Reuben’s parted lips twitched in surprise and then he cupped the side of Ambrose’s face. “But Michael just…”
---
"I want to forget about him." Ambrose leaned against Reuben's hand.
---
Reuben pecked up Ambrose’s cheek. “Ok. Whatever you want.” Reuben didn’t hesitate to unbutton his scarlet-soaked blue uniform and throw it to the floor. He had forgotten about the cuts and bruises along his chest and sides. He focused on unlooping the belt and weapon holsters, shuffling off the canvas pants next.
---
Ambrose frowned with worry and his hands traced over Reuben's wounds. "What happened to you?"
---
“Nothing that won’t heal.” Reuben realized he must have stunk. He had gone for days without showering and his hair felt like slime when he ran his hands through it. “Oh no.” He stood up from the bed in only his damp boxers. “I’m filthy, buttercup.” Even so, he already had a problem. Ambrose’s words had ignited his member instantly with just those few words he’d said.
----
"Then can we do it in the shower?" Ambrose sat up on his elbows, looking up at Reuben almost innocently.
---
A slow smirk creased Reuben’s cheeks, dimples popping. “I don’t know, Ambrose…” he teased. “I’m really stinky.”
---
"Then we can wash first." Ambrose didn't seem to get his point.
---
“Mhm. Can you wash me?”
---
Ambrose nodded.
---
“Come on.” Reuben took Ambrose’s hand and led him into his pristine bathroom.
---
Ambrose took the lead and turned on the water so it could warm up really fast.
---
Reuben couldn’t keep his hands off of Ambrose, frequently running his hands up and down his sides and kissing up his neck. “You sure you can’t smell me?” Reuben could smell himself. He was a reeking wall of BO and he had even grown the start of a beard.
---
"I can but it doesn't bother me." Ambrose could definitely smell him.
---
“I love you.” He caressed Ambrose’s hips.
---
Ambrose pecked Reuben's chin. "I love you too."
---
Reuben smiled with a chuckle and then pressed his aching crotch against Ambrose's backside, grinding against him gently. He tightened his arms around him and whispered seductively in his ear, "I want to pleasure you beneath the covers you've slept in every night for your entire life. So please wait for me in your bed?"
---
"Mn… okay…" Ambrose let him have his way. He had already taken a shower when he got back home so he didn't need one. "I'll wait for you." Ambrose kissed his lips and then left the bathroom.
---
Reuben grabbed his hand and yanked him back to his chest, smashing his lips against his and roamed his hands down his body. "Don't forget to take your clothes off." He winked.
---
Ambrose blushed a little but he nodded. "I won't." He peeled himself off of Reuben and retreated back to his bed, where he started shedding his clothes as he said he would.
---
Reuben turned on the shower and soaked up the warm water, remembering how great it felt to be clean.