papers- Billy

request by: Yamagoopz234

I have a similar and sadder one in my requests right now, so that should be up later

________________________________________________________________________________

You got ready, smiling at your outfit. You were a papergirl, and you were getting ready for work. You worked the same route as your boyfriend, Billy Schowalter. You two met and started dating while delivering, so delivering was an important and meaningful job to you. 

You grabbed your bag, your water, and hugged your mom before leaving. It was exactly 6:30 AM, so you could take your time getting to the office. You hopped onto your bike, and threw your bag over your shoulder. 

You normally rode to Billy's house early, mostly to make sure he wasn't still asleep, which most of the time he was. When you walked in, as you practically lived there, his mom smiled, waved and said "Hi y/n" before going back to preparing breakfast. 

"Hi Mrs. Schowalter" I said, before going to my boyfriends room. Lone behold, he was still passed out asleep in his bed. Luckily you had until 7:30 AM to get started, so you weren't worried about time. "Billy! Wake up!" you shook him gently, as he woke up. "What time is it?" he asked, looking at his clock. "6:45AM" you said, hugging him. 

"Now get up, we're going to be late" 

"But I'm tired" 

"You can sleep when we get back" you said, leaving the room so he could change. Five minutes later he reappeared, wearing his red football jacket, jeans, and a white t-shirt. "Okay, come on! Let's eat and head on our way!" you said, him holding your hand as you both ran down the stairs. 

"Somebody is finally up" his mom chuckled, handing you both a dish of pancakes. You knew she was talking about Billy, because his face turned red with embarrassment. You giggled, as you ate your helping of the pancakes. You always had breakfast with the Schowalters, they were practically your second family. 

As you both devoured your breakfast, his dad came into the room. "Hey kiddos, it's 7:15, you might want to hurry up" and you both nodded, as Billy ran to brush his teeth and comb his hair. He came out five minutes later, smiling, and grabbed his bag.     

"Let's go!" he smiled, grabbing your hand and sprinting to his front door. You laughed, he was absolutely adorable. As you both got on your bikes, he whistled to his dog, Rover, and grasped his leash. 

Billy brought Rover everywhere. It was his guard dog, his baby. He leashed Rover to his bike,  before you both practically zoomed off to the paper office. Once you arrive at your destination, you both load your baskets with hundreds of papers. 

"Race?" he asked, and you nodded. You both were competitive people, and you would race practically and almost every day. It was fun, although you usually won. You both started to pedal, looking at each other and giggling. 

Every few seconds you threw a paper, pedalling as fast as your legs would ever let you. You were now beating Billy by a lot, laughing as he attempted to catch up. Now you were on your fourth out of seven streets, while Billy was still on his second. 

You threw paper after paper, careful to never miss not one house. Whenever you did, that somebody that you had skipped had almost always filed a complaint against you. You realized Billy may be behind because of Rover, but that dog could run faster than Billy could bike. 

Finally, after around an hour, you had finally finished and made your way back to the office. You knew Billy wouldn't be back for a while, but that was okay because you knew if you were that worried, he had Rover to protect him, and you could always bike back and see him. 

After another twenty minutes of endless pedalling, you finally reached the office, that was just three blocks away from the Schowalter residence. It was a perfect spot, considering Mr. Schowalter, also known as Billy's dad, owned the paper business and hired you and Billy for help and for a summer job. 

You waited for another hour, before Billy finally came, panting and sometimes taking his hands off the handle bars to pet Rover. Rover greatly appreciated the pets, and you knew he really loved Billy, just like how Billy really loved Rover. 

Once he reached you, he hugged you, and buried his face in your neck. "Finally done, slowpoke?" you asked, jokingly, obviously friendly teasing him. "I'm tired, still" he whined, kissing your shoulder. 

"Fine, your house we go" you sighed in defeat, as you both got back on your bikes and rode all the way to his house. Once you got there, he unlatched Rover from his bicycle, letting the golden retriever run free. 

Then, you both latched hands as you walked into his house, his mom there to greet you. "hey kids! How was the route?" she asked, mainly you because her son was half asleep. "It was fine, tiring though" you joked, and she laughed. 

"Well, I'll let you kids go, tell me if you need anything" she said, going back to washing the dishes, something you assumed she had been doing before you both had returned home. "We will!" you assured, as you and Billy walked upstairs. 

When you guys reached his bedroom, you both practically passed out on his bed, The route was tiring in general, and adding the race was exhausting. Just as you both were getting comfortable, something barged into his bedroom door.

It was Rover, who jumped up on the bed and sat by Billy. You got up to close the door, as Billy cuddled up to the dog. "Really? The dog took my spot?" you asked jokingly, getting in the bed. "Nah, but you left and the dogs fluffy" he said, as you two cuddled up together.

You both fell asleep five minutes later, but not before muttering 'I love you' in sleepy voices. 

________________________________________________________________________________